Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i accept credit card from my cu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should i accept credit card from my cu

i was approved for 1,500 from my credit union for a master card but i need help i still dont know if i should get it if i have b of a secured for 1,500 and should be going unsecured in 1/2010 and also have 500.00 on wellsfargo secured will also be a year in 11/2010 should i close wellsfargo since it will not unsecure no more as per wellsfargo new policy my fico score is 682 equifaxs by the way my credit is clean and my olldest is my car loan from 2007 please advice and thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: should i accept credit card from my cu

Take the card, keep the $1500 secured until it becomes unsecured, close the crappy Wells Fargo then you'll have $3000 limit helping your Utilization numbers.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for ur responce i will go tommorow and get it and i will tell the lady to atleast give me 2000 but i will definitely close my wellsfargo secured and get my deposit back and i will added in my b of a secured

Message 3 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I would definitely take the CU card. 

Did you talk to Wells Fargo about the secured card policy?   Is that a permanent change or temporary?

I think I would take my time is closing WF, FICO score is little better with 3 than 2 accounts open.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i did called double check on the wellsfago secured and they adviced me they arent offering it no more and that it wont go unsecured that i may need to reapply to see if i qualify for an unsecured. well hopefully today i will go to the credit union to accept the offer and i will tell the lady to raise my limit i will keep you all in touch by the way they arent pulling my credit report the reason being is 3 months ago i apply for a lot loan and i was approved but to my luck  the owner of the lot sold it for cash but still they told me that my credit report its valid for 6 months. so will see if they want to raise the limit on the mastercard.

Message 5 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah i did called double check on the wellsfago secured and they adviced me they arent offering it no more and that it wont go unsecured that i may need to reapply to see if i qualify for an unsecured. well hopefully today i will go to the credit union to accept the offer and i will tell the lady to raise my limit i will keep you all in touch by the way they arent pulling my credit report the reason being is 3 months ago i apply for a lot loan and i was approved but to my luck  the owner of the lot sold it for cash but still they told me that my credit report its valid for 6 months. so will see if they want to raise the limit on the mastercard.

See if the CU can increase limit to 3-5k.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.