cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i apply for a chase sapphire?

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: should i apply for a chase sapphire?

@Anonymous wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!!!

Which did you apply for the regular or preferred?

I want the preferred, but I have to wait to apply because I got Freedom in August and INK in September. 

I am dying for this card. It will be my last. 

I had been looking for a travel card. Another member here gave me some great suggestions, and this is the card I have settled on (thanks Walt_K!!)

Did you know if you have the Freedom card, you can transfer your points from it to this card? This is a huge benefit IMO. You can take advantage and the 5% catagories  on Freedom then transfer. It maximizes your rewards.

@I received the Preferred card a few months ago. I use it mainly for dinning which equal to 2pts per $1. I do travel abroad 2 times a year and spend about $4-$5K therefore it cancels out the AF $95 because of the no FTF. Not to mention the flexibility of transfering pts to CO @ 1:1. I booked a flight through their Ultimate rewards recently with this card and save 25% in pts that I have already earned. As you mentioned, I also have a Freedom with NPSL that I use also in their rotating categories and was able to combined the pts with my Preferred. Overall, it's a great card!! Card is made out of metal. Not a big deal to most but I get alot of "Oh...what is this" and "oh this card is heavy" from cashiers. All in all, the benefits suit me perfectly and that's the main objective of getting a rewards CC.

I'm jealous! Smiley Wink

The point combining and the transferring of point 1:1 is the big deal to me here. Exactly what I want.

Disappointed I have to wait. Hopefully the nice bonus will still be around when I pull the trigger. I wish I could get targeted for this.

I had spoke to one of the business banker at Chase not too long ago and he told me you can have up to 7 Chase CCs. I don't have that many but do have the Slate, Freedom Sig and Sapphire Preferred. Not looking to app for any other Chase cards but as I recalled from reading your post, you have the Freedom/Ink with them. I don't think there is a timeline on how many cards you can app with them in a period of time. The only timeline I know of is...if you or anyone else were denied credit by Chase, you would have to wait 6 months than apply again. I wish I knew how long the 50,000 signup bonus will last but I have read around the forums on the net and it appear it will be sticking around a while longer. I am just starting to see the Sapphire commercials so they want ppl to signup for it. GL when you app. The Ink card is pretty hard to get so I am sure you are in when you do app.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!!!

Which did you apply for the regular or preferred?

I want the preferred, but I have to wait to apply because I got Freedom in August and INK in September. 

I am dying for this card. It will be my last. 

I had been looking for a travel card. Another member here gave me some great suggestions, and this is the card I have settled on (thanks Walt_K!!)

Did you know if you have the Freedom card, you can transfer your points from it to this card? This is a huge benefit IMO. You can take advantage and the 5% catagories  on Freedom then transfer. It maximizes your rewards.

@I received the Preferred card a few months ago. I use it mainly for dinning which equal to 2pts per $1. I do travel abroad 2 times a year and spend about $4-$5K therefore it cancels out the AF $95 because of the no FTF. Not to mention the flexibility of transfering pts to CO @ 1:1. I booked a flight through their Ultimate rewards recently with this card and save 25% in pts that I have already earned. As you mentioned, I also have a Freedom with NPSL that I use also in their rotating categories and was able to combined the pts with my Preferred. Overall, it's a great card!! Card is made out of metal. Not a big deal to most but I get alot of "Oh...what is this" and "oh this card is heavy" from cashiers. All in all, the benefits suit me perfectly and that's the main objective of getting a rewards CC.

I'm jealous! Smiley Wink

The point combining and the transferring of point 1:1 is the big deal to me here. Exactly what I want.

Disappointed I have to wait. Hopefully the nice bonus will still be around when I pull the trigger. I wish I could get targeted for this.

I had spoke to one of the business banker at Chase not too long ago and he told me you can have up to 7 Chase CCs. I don't have that many but do have the Slate, Freedom Sig and Sapphire Preferred. Not looking to app for any other Chase cards but as I recalled from reading your post, you have the Freedom/Ink with them. I don't think there is a timeline on how many cards you can app with them in a period of time. The only timeline I know of is...if you or anyone else were denied credit by Chase, you would have to wait 6 months than apply again. I wish I knew how long the 50,000 signup bonus will last but I have read around the forums on the net and it appear it will be sticking around a while longer. I am just starting to see the Sapphire commercials so they want ppl to signup for it. GL when you app. The Ink card is pretty hard to get so I am sure you are in when you do app.

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. I called Chase to see how long the promo would last. CSR said it is unknown....the offers always change and they never know when they are going to pull them or change them. It could be tomorrow or next year.  

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, im the OP for this thread..and I just wanted to thank whoever did post on this for their advice.

I just got the card in the mail today..I applied for the preferred sapphire. =D

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo!!

HUGE Congrats!

I ended up pulling the trigger and got appproved for Preferred also (as you can see from my post above, I was hesitant since I got Freedom in August and INK in September). Just got an email that the card is on its way.

I took a shot and it paid off!

Thank you tntexans!

Enjoy your new card bobbyk4!!!!

I plan to meet the spend requirement with my daughter's college tuition. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Woohoo!!

HUGE Congrats!

I ended up pulling the trigger and got appproved for Preferred also (as you can see from my post above, I was hesitant since I got Freedom in August and INK in September). Just got an email that the card is on its way.

Thank you tntexans!

I plan to meet the spend requirement with my daughter's college tuition. Smiley Happy

I also got the Sapphire Preferred this week lol!  I was also hesitant, I got my Freedom one year ago, and my United card in January.

My spend requirement is going to Vegas and on a cruise with me, so that should be easy Smiley Happy

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthedges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Woohoo!!

HUGE Congrats!

Thank you tntexans!

I also got the Sapphire Preferred this week lol!  I was also hesitant, I got my Freedom one year ago, and my United card in January.

My spend requirement is going to Vegas and on a cruise with me, so that should be easy Smiley Happy

Fab!!   A lot of happy and new Sapphire holders!

Enjoy your vacations! Sweet way to meet the spend!!!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.