Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i apply for the chase freedom card

tag
jeffcasd
Established Member

should i apply for the chase freedom card

ok just wondering if i shpould apply for the chase freedom card with a 675 tu fico score and 655 equifax fico score.  i just got got the capitlal cash rewards card last month but hasnt reported yet.  also planing on getting a home loan in the next month or two is it a good idea or not

thanks jeff

Starting Score: 647 equifax fico 660 Transunion fico 627 experian fico lender pulled
Current Score: 648,660,627
Goal Score: 735 across the board
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Re: should i apply for the chase freedom card

Since you're looking for a home loan in the next few months I prersonally would hold off. The less Hard Inquiries the better, remember even a tenth of a % on a mortgage can mean thousands of $'s through the life of the loan!

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Need more info

-INQs
-Any baddies??
-Are your files identical?
-How many cards do you have and how old are they

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good pick up eurotuner do not app until you close on your house!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'd hold off.  Mainly for the mortgage.  You don't have the highest scores in the world so you don't want to lower them anymore  Between the added INQ, new account, and lowered AAoA you really don't want to do that.  On top of that it's a borderline call anyways, may be a wasted HP. 

Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Agree with previous posters. No apps before mtg applications
Message 6 of 9
jeffcasd
Established Member

no baddies in 16 months ,3 inquires, 2 cards both over 5 years old but had a boa charge off in 2009 that has been paid

Starting Score: 647 equifax fico 660 Transunion fico 627 experian fico lender pulled
Message 7 of 9
jeffcasd
Established Member

so if i was approved for it, it would hurt my score??  please explain as iam new to this please

Message 8 of 9
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Yes, if you apply it will surely hurt your score. for 2 reasons:

a. A hard inquiry (Show's you are seeking credit)

b. Your average age of your accounts will drop as you will have another card mixed in. Especially since you just opened that CapOne card, its def.. a bad idea!

Be patient, it always pays off! You think you need it, but in the end you just want it! I would wait and get the discover it card when you're nice and ready!

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.