Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i cancel

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

should i cancel

Good morning everyone, i got an offer from wamu for 0% on BT's and purchases until jan 2010. I have another wamu credit card for $5000 cl since 2006 and never late. I decided to get this card also since i though it was a good deal. They gave me a $500 dollar cl lol. Should i close it or keep it? I know i am going to be dinged for an inq but if i close it, will it not effect the age of my credits cards. I am worried about having my credit cards re-aged and getting dinged for that. For $500 dollars, it is not worth it. Also, should i call a back door number for WAMU and try to get them to raise the CL. Does WAMU even consider raising CL's?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: should i cancel

IMHO I would keep it unless there is a yearly fee or monthly fee especialy   If you have a young credit history or only one or 2 accounts on your CR.  Also down the road you make get CLI's which could come in handy if you need to make a major purchase and want to pay over time.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 14
oracles
Valued Contributor

actually i have a long history of credit and i have about 6 credit cards ranging from 5000 to 1500. That is why i am thinking about either reconn or canceling.
Message 3 of 14
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

In the past I have had good results requesting a credit line increase at the time of activation. If you have already activated your card you can always call customer service and request an increase.

I personally would not close the card since it has a 0% on purchases and balance transfers until 2010. I certainly would take advantage of the free ride.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu will not CLI at activation, and they do not take cardholder-initiated CLI requests at all.

I would still keep the card, though.  You never know what they'll give you in the future.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did the same thing to me... I kicked them to the curb gave my business to Chase and kept my original card with them.
Message 6 of 14
oracles
Valued Contributor

thanks everyone, so i know i can not get a CLI on the card but if i cancel the card will it keep my credit card age the same or will it still re age it because i already got the card. I have not received the card yet.
Message 7 of 14
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Dump it.............Chase and/or Citi is better
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 14
oracles
Valued Contributor

thanks cobra, but i guess my real question is, if i cancel it, will it not re-age my accounts or is it going to still re-age my accounts because i was giving the credit card? I have not received it in the mail yet.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

oracles wrote:
thanks cobra, but i guess my real question is, if i cancel it, will it not re-age my accounts or is it going to still re-age my accounts because i was giving the credit card? I have not received it in the mail yet.

Doesn't matter that you haven't received it yet.  It will still report since you applied and were accepted.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.