Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i do american express recon?

tag
Nightfallx
New Contributor

should i do american express recon?

would i have any succes on recon do you guys think? I really don't care what my credit limit would be at the moment, i just wanna get my foot in the door with them.

this is the reason i didn't get a card from them.

Length of time accounts have been established. 

Lack of recent bank/national revolving information. 

Lack of recent installment loan information.

Number of trades (Experian) 

Insufficient time since most recent account established (Experian) 

Your consumer credit bureau score from Experian is too low  (See below) " experian is 713 but whatever"

Too few credit card accounts on which, in our estimation, you have paid a majority of the balance in recent months. (Experian) 

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should i do american express recon?

You say EX is 713? Where did you get that score? Is it a FICO?

Based on the reasons you were declined, I would think a recon probably wouldn't help.

But I guess it could not hurt to try, when doing a recon, do they hard pull again is what I don't know?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should i do american express recon?

I would try to recon and talk to one of their reps on the phone - they DO have authority to at least refer the case to an underwriter for re-review......I explained the situation to them very politely when they declined a CLI For my Costco AMEX card, and when I was having trouble getting an additional charge card approved.

My advice to "getting your foot in the door" with AMEX?  Apply for one of their basic CHARGE cards first.  AMEX told me they underwrite credit cards VERY tightly because it's more risky for the company to approve.  When I had little to no credit history (like you), I applied for the Business Green charge card and the personal Zync charge card within 6 months of each other and was approved for both.

Again - go for their basic charge cards (zync or green) and you'll have a much easier time.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.