Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i stay or should i go?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should i stay or should i go?

My JCP card is 15 yrs old...until 2 months ago it had only been used once, 15 yrs  ago. (The only card to survive my BK 7 yrs ago)

When I first noticed that it still showed as active on my credit reports I called and asked them to send a new card. They told me then that they were reducing my CL  to $100 from $300, that I should use the card for 3 months, then to call back and ask for a CLI. 

As soon as I received my card I charged $45, then PIF almost immediately online...charged another $49...when I went online to pay this I  noticed the Luv button and clicked it...instant $1800 CLI. This after only 2 weeks of receiving my new card. 

I clicked the luv button a couple of weeks later "just to see". Denied, of course but received a letter from them telling me to wait 3 months and ask again as I had just received a CLI.

Message 11 of 17
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Close it I closed mine after 10 months and no cli the limit is so low at 250 its serving me no purpose to keep it open with the interest rate at 22%. I have BOA and USBANK and the limits and rates are much better. Barclays Bank is a strange bank will lower your cl for almost no reason. I would never apply for them again if I had known what kinda bank eh.
Message 12 of 17
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

VEEnVEGAS wrote:

I received automatic CLI on my Juniper card after 1 year....went from $2000 to $3500. Hang on to it and wait it out!

You beat me!  Smiley Happy  I went from 2k to 3k @ 1 year!  I think we're on to something here!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 13 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, we shall see what I get (if anything) in a couple of months!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:
veeNvegas--
thanks so maybe there is hope at 1 yr mark..
about jcp, they funny thing is i charged like $80 on my $150 card since i read about usage and since they weren't willing to budge by phone or online, the end of january, i got a letter saying they increased my limit from $150 to $300 so it's still small but a little victory..
thanks about the scores, i'm working hard plus it's addictive..hahahha

JCP loves to see you use and pay off your CC - all of my CLIs with them were auto. Mine went from $500 to $2000 in $200-300 increments.
Message 15 of 17
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

so tessarue you would charge it up close to your cl or what? and then pif or would you leave a small balance?
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:
so tessarue you would charge it up close to your cl or what? and then pif or would you leave a small balance?

(This is tessarue, btw!)

I wouldn't even charge it close to my limit, just charge probably $30 or so, maybe more. Sometimes I would carry a balance (if I was lazy!), sometimes PIF.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.