cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i try and recon or just leave it be?

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

should i try and recon or just leave it be?

Hi everyone!

I app'd for chase/toys r us card and was denied due to bk. As previous people have posted to call chase and recon, and have been approved with bk, nothing bad since the bk, so i decided to do that since i have a kohls and circuit city cards backed by chase.

well spoke to 3 diff reps who gave me 3 totally different answers, which were #1 we dont approve with a bk #2 rep said bk no problem but have had quite a few inquiries in past year, which i agree'd adv have been getting prime cards vs predatory others i have like c1 and hsbc #3 rep said bc i have accts with balances..WHAT? all but 2 of the accts that have balances they are less than $50 and have either been paid off or have used for small purchases to keep from being closed for inactivity. i advised that i had paid some off but would take about 30 days to update...still no go

so my question is should i just leave it be as a denial or should i still try to recon?  i mean i could use the card for points etc bc of new baby and have an 8 yr old so could use it at toys r us. i'd like to try and get a chase mc which is what the toys r us card is to try and get foot in door with chase.

thanks again!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: should i try and recon or just leave it be?

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I app'd for chase/toys r us card and was denied due to bk. As previous people have posted to call chase and recon, and have been approved with bk, nothing bad since the bk, so i decided to do that since i have a kohls and circuit city cards backed by chase.

well spoke to 3 diff reps who gave me 3 totally different answers, which were #1 we dont approve with a bk #2 rep said bk no problem but have had quite a few inquiries in past year, which i agree'd adv have been getting prime cards vs predatory others i have like c1 and hsbc #3 rep said bc i have accts with balances..WHAT? all but 2 of the accts that have balances they are less than $50 and have either been paid off or have used for small purchases to keep from being closed for inactivity. i advised that i had paid some off but would take about 30 days to update...still no go

so my question is should i just leave it be as a denial or should i still try to recon?  i mean i could use the card for points etc bc of new baby and have an 8 yr old so could use it at toys r us. i'd like to try and get a chase mc which is what the toys r us card is to try and get foot in door with chase.

thanks again!!

bama, since you've already taken the inq hit, I'd say go ahead and try again to recon - sometimes it takes a few tries to get the right analyst who says 'yes'.

Good luck.  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 4
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

thanks Scamp..i thought that bc reading in other posts i've seen others who have kept calling until someone said yes...i think it's crazy that all 3 of them said something completely different..do you think there is anything i can say differently to get an approval..?
Message Edited by Scamp on 12-12-2008 07:13 PM
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 4
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:
thanks Scamp..i thought that bc reading in other posts i've seen others who have kept calling until someone said yes...i think it's crazy that all 3 of them said something completely different..do you think there is anything i can say differently to get an approval..?

sorry for being slow to answer you, bamagirl - I only just saw this post; I've been out all day.

I don't think there's a whole lot differently you can say just out the gate, as each analyst you've talked to has had different bugaboos about your CR's - all I can recommend is to think through your responses to every possible nitpick they might hit you with about whatever's on your CR's before you call, so that you're able to answer them clearly, confidently, and persuasively about why they should approve you despite whatever-it-is.

Sorry I'm not more help.  I've only reconned a couple of things - one was a CLI req with Chase, and that was like pulling teeth even with a clean (but short) credit history.

Message Edited by Scamp on 12-12-2008 07:13 PM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.