Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sites that pay you to add au?

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

sites that pay you to add au?

just heard about this....whats the down side i guess?

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: sites that pay you to add au?

@juggalo9er wrote:

Never heard of this!! where did you get this info ????

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 69
myjourney
Super Contributor

This use to be big awhile back and resulted in lenders finding out and closing your accounts.

BEWARE 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 69
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

Referring to adding unknowns to your card (without giving them a card of course) to your account for a fee, so that they can benefit from the credit line for score?

One downside is that some issuers will close the card if they detect and don't like it.

Some people have reported this as a trigger for Amex FR.

Message 4 of 69
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

This use to be big awhile back and resulted in lenders finding out and closing your accounts.

BEWARE 

point taken

Message 5 of 69
Open123
Super Contributor

The older the account and the better the history, the higher price someone will pay to be added as an AU.  While it isn't illegal, issuers won't tolerate it, if they find out.  This is one of the reasons why excessive AUs or AUs with no activity are suspected triggers of AmEx, Chase, and other issuers.

Could be very profitable, but be very careful.  Best to limit AUs to your geographical area.

Message 6 of 69
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

And this is why we can't have nice things. 

Message 7 of 69
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

And this is why we can't have nice things. 

Well, I think this is an example of "I don't do that so it is wrong".   Lots of things prevent us having nicer things, for example, bonuses, 5% categories all cost and reduce the ability for the companies to give us other benefits.   And if each person was allowed to only have 1 card, then people wouldn't be able to use a card just for the best bonus categories and companies would be able to give better general benefits.

Message 8 of 69
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

There was a user on here a few months ago (couldn't find his thread in a quick search, sorry), who came in crying in horror that his accounts had been closed without cause -- and he hadn't done anything wrong! He was innocent! After only brief questioning it came out that he'd been selling AU status, quite profitably, to strangers.

I wish I could find that thread because what happened to him for indulging in that practice was pretty big and bad. IIRC, it wasn't just getting FR'd.

Message 9 of 69
Joebunaga
New Contributor

I remember reading about it too, I think this one is it:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-and-Chase-Freedom-cancelled-my-credit-cards...

Not worth the risk IMHO.

I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.

FICO(Barclay1\22\15) TU: 798 | FICO EX: 780 | FICO EQ(2\12\15):808 | In the Garden from 5/8/14 until ???
UFCU Visa $5k | Cap1 QS $10K | Jetblue Amex $18K | CSP $6.5K | Amex Green (NPSL) | Chase Freedom $18k | Sallie Mae WMC $15.5k| BoA 1-2-3 Visa $7.5k | Amex Everyday $16k | Amex Fidelity $10k |
Message 10 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.