smallest credit card purchase?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: smallest credit card purchase?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
i just used my credit card for $0.25 at the library to print a piece of paper... surprised they actually allowed me to use a credit card for that lol.
searched the threads to see if this has been asked and didn't find it. anyone use their cards for super low amounts like that?

Target split up one large purchase into smaller amounts on a recent online order, and one of them was charged one cent!

I have the same charge for 0.1c from Target. Online order as well. So odd. 

OK, you guys are making me think waaaay back... I also had a 1¢ transaction.  It was at Rich's (later merged into Macy's).

I bought a king size mattress w/ the overpriced mattress pad/protector, and there was a 'glitch' and the mattress pad got left off my sale.  I went back to the store after the delivery, and the sales person made a call to the delivery office, and a manager there told her to re-ring the mattress pad as a new sale, and to override the price to 1¢.  He also told her the transaction could not be cash - it had to be completed on the sale's terminal (not at the register) so a card had to be used. 

Since it was their glitch, both the delivery manager (on the phone) and the sales person offered to put their own card number in, but told them it wasn't a problem and just gave them my debit card.  The 1¢ charge posted to my checking account a few days later... so I guess I can say I've had a 1¢ checking transaction as well... LOL  Smiley LOL

Note:  I used debit because at the time I didn't have any credit cards... these days I always use credit unless there's a specific reason not to.  Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple $.01 transactions at starbucks to hit my amex everyday % bonus

Message 42 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.