Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so I applied for the CSP

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: so I applied for the CSP

OP think about this, My wife has 800+ scores and a computer gets nervous when she has a 46% utlization on her credit after being with chase for 20+ years for her. If they audit your account and you squeeked by and got approved do you think they will let you keep it? Dont make the same mistakes some/most of us have made and over extend yourself. The economy is going to get way worse next year then what it is now. Be prepared for it. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 31 of 77
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

Im listening to your advice-- I agree with Relevate, honestly the only reason (besides really wanting the card) is that I saw all the approvals in regards to the CSP, how about I wait and see tommorow if they approve it or not.  I dont see my self currently beingin debt that I cannot manage, but rather just wanting a credit card so badly> Has anoyone ever been in this situation, where you just really want a card and you justify every means possible to obtain that card/app? 

thx again... OP

Everyone is different.  But IMO, no.  It's called responsibility and self-control/discipline.  Just my .02c.

Message 32 of 77
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

Im listening to your advice-- I agree with Relevate, honestly the only reason (besides really wanting the card) is that I saw all the approvals in regards to the CSP, how about I wait and see tommorow if they approve it or not.  I dont see my self currently beingin debt that I cannot manage, but rather just wanting a credit card so badly> Has anoyone ever been in this situation, where you just really want a card and you justify every means possible to obtain that card/app? 

thx again... OP

I think looked at rationally most people have been in this situation.

My personal whale was Amex when I was building, I really, really wanted a backdating target, and I basically maximized my plan to get the Zync by the end of 2012; I even succumbed to the "ooooh, shiney!" mentality when we had a slew of approvals and I got to thinking I could do it too.  In my case it all worked out but I'd stayed on the straight and narrow previous to that.

You're not in a bad spot at all.  You have call it $1800 of debt, which you should start hammering down, and at that point I suspect the analyst you talked to was probably correct in saying that you have a good shot then; however, any acquisition plan has to have some modicum of objectivity, and I think your expectations in this case weren't in line with reality.

Take the couple months to work on your debt, and when paid off, then take the shot again at the CSP and I'm guessing (unless their underwriting standards change, and it's been getting steadily easier for the last year and a half roughly) you'll achieve your goal card in this case.  Only other possible issues are your income or other tradelines (sometimes been reported) and I don't know either, but from a credit report perspective if you're sitting at a legit 680 FICO (didn't check where you got yours from) and a maxxed out credit line, that's probably 700 territory and that's simply enough score wise to obtain a CSP.

        
Message 33 of 77
missjae
Established Contributor

Even if you pay the card off like that, you were still over the limit and Chase keeps internal records. It looks bad.

Take this for example: I carried a balance with Discover for $2500 for almost 3 years. One day, I paid it off in full. Waited for my CR to update, let some time pass and asked for an APR decrease. It decreased about .74 points. I'm sure it had to do with my internal history with them. I paid them off, but they still see my history with them and factor it in to decisions they make regarding my account. Only time and responsible use will show them that I wouldn't do that again.
Message 34 of 77
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

as a matter of fact I did correct it with a representative, she transfered my to a lending specalist I believe, and advised me that POI was not necessary for this card, she saw the auto loan refi and said that If I want to refi I have to submit the required documentation, I said OK, but I got a better rate from my local CU( a little fib).... She reassured me that NFCU is here for all my banking needs. 

I asked her the fax # to send it into for the CC, and once again she said it was not necessary, in Jan. when I get my tax forms, I will be sending them in (re app for refi) AND possibly NAVCHECK

Message 35 of 77
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

yes you are correct fin star, in about a month? i can pay that off plus some, just to reinerate It was just to clear up my freedom, and ultimately get one bill a month and that is from NFCU.

Message 36 of 77
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Either way let us know the outcome, and good luck.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 37 of 77
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

0% intro ends in November for me? and my intrest with NFCU is 15 + 2 I believe for cash advances?

Message 38 of 77
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@missjae wrote:
Even if you pay the card off like that, you were still over the limit and Chase keeps internal records. It looks bad.

Take this for example: I carried a balance with Discover for $2500 for almost 3 years. One day, I paid it off in full. Waited for my CR to update, let some time pass and asked for an APR decrease. It decreased about .74 points. I'm sure it had to do with my internal history with them. I paid them off, but they still see my history with them and factor it in to decisions they make regarding my account. Only time and responsible use will show them that I wouldn't do that again.

Over limit is actually not a big deal anecdotally though I suppose some lenders may look at it suspiciously I don't think Chase is one of them in my personal experience.  Can happen for a whole lot of reasons looked at across the entire consumer universe and most of them are pretty benign.  Pay the overlimit fee and go on with life, ain't no big thing.

        
Message 39 of 77
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'd just forget about CSP til 0% is up on Freedom then. Pay it down to <50% util. I think you're wasting money by shifting that balance. At least use a 0% offer! Lol just my .02
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 40 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.