Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so done with Capital One/rant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: so done with Capital One/rant

When I look on here and see someone that had their cards 2 or 3 months and hit the luv button and get increases I wonder what am I doing wrong.

@Anonymous wrote:

A year? I had a QS1 for 7 years and couldn't get anything out of them. Closed it.

Message 31 of 62
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Took 9 years for my first increase (although to be fair I wasn't asking for one very much)

Message 32 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

well what the heck. you said you had 2 cards and then cap 1 said they won't increase you because of too many cards and come to find out you have a lot of cards... so basically based on your credit profile and income in cap1's eyes you don't qualify for a CLI. and if you only use 30% of your CL then they don't see a reason to increase you. don't worry about what others get. you just need to worry about your own profile. your fico scores are still kinda on the lower end so they may want to see more use of credit overall. if you wanna close it then go for it but i think you're expecting too much based on circumstances you gave us.
Message 33 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding with Cap One is that they will only allow you to have two cards in a given category -- so if you have two "subprime" Cap One cards (I think we figured out that this included secured, platinum, journey, QS1 as well as the cobranded ones) or two "prime" Cap One cards (QS, Venture), you can't get another one.  This MAY HAVE changed but I'm pretty sure that's how they operate.  It's been a while now but this is probably the explanation here.

As for a PC or CLI, those are definitely YMMV situations.  Some people have no problem getting them to waive the annual fee and PC into a more prime card (like QS1 to QS or Platinum to QS) and others can't get them to budge ever.  Some people get CLIs out the wazoo and other people are stuck with their opening credit line (or just go through credit steps and then it stalls).  Everyone's experience is completely different when it comes to this sort of thing, unfortunately.  It all just depends on the profile and what the computer algorithms spit out, heh.

Message 34 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

venture one isn't subprime
Message 35 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I look on here and see someone that had their cards 2 or 3 months and hit the luv button and get increases I wonder what am I doing wrong.

@Anonymous wrote:

A year? I had a QS1 for 7 years and couldn't get anything out of them. Closed it.

Those are almost always Quicksilver or Venture, rarely QS1. Cap One plays this game where they button hole those of us who have a starter card, give us little or nothing, and try to force us to app for another card to get better credit lines.

Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you prequalified for a Quicksilver or Venture One card. Check and see.With Capital One many times it is easier to app for new card.

Message 37 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea at first I was worried about the 30% usage but then a rep told me don't worry about it they wanted to see more usage so that's what I'm doing now. Everything goes on there now that's why I believe my scores jumped in the last month or so. CS just piss me off when they put you on hold for 5 seconds and come back like they really looked at my file to turn me down. But hey I'm learning a lot here so I'll just wait and see what happens in the near future.
Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will admit when I first started out I didn't know anything about credit and the importance of it. I was getting store cards because I could. Since I found this forum, I no longer get it because I can, I just want to grow with the ones that I do have and possibly get rid of some of the store cards that I don't use.
Message 39 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you prequalified for a Quicksilver or Venture One card. Check and see.With Capital One many times it is easier to app for new card.

I don't think so. I always get the couldn't match reply.

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.