Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so happy and surprised

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

so happy and surprised

Please welcome me to the American Express family! Smiley Happy

I got approved for the Amex Zync card with the hard limit. I chose to accept the $200 without the auto pay in hopes they will up my limit eventually! (and to limit my spending) My scores on myfico are TU:630 and EQ: 596. I cannot believe I was approved! I have a collection account on EX which is in dispute and a few inquires in the last 6 months and my reports show 2 new store cards but 0% utilization. I also have 30 day late on an open account which I'm waiting for them to change this month and a 30,60,90 late on a closed and paid account. I just said screw it and I went for it! I figured if not approved now, I'll wait 6 months or more and try again, but at least they will tell me what I need to work on. Well I hope to be enjoying the membership benefits in 7-10 days!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: so happy and surprised

Congrats and i agree with you about waiting 6 months before your next app! 

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:

Please welcome me to the American Express family! Smiley Happy

I got approved for the Amex Zync card with the hard limit. I chose to accept the $200 without the auto pay in hopes they will up my limit eventually! (and to limit my spending) My scores on myfico are TU:630 and EQ: 596. I cannot believe I was approved! I have a collection account on EX which is in dispute and a few inquires in the last 6 months and my reports show 2 new store cards but 0% utilization. I also have 30 day late on an open account which I'm waiting for them to change this month and a 30,60,90 late on a closed and paid account. I just said screw it and I went for it! I figured if not approved now, I'll wait 6 months or more and try again, but at least they will tell me what I need to work on. Well I hope to be enjoying the membership benefits in 7-10 days!

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
therealBigSmooth
Established Member

Congrats!

Opinions and feelings just get in the way of good decision making.
Me
Discover 350/4K, Chase Freedom 0/2K, Lowes 0/500, Tidewater(Jerome's Furniture 0/2K, Citi Simplicity 0/1000
Message 4 of 6
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

If I wanted to make a bigger purchase could I just push the money to it from my bank? Say I want to make a $500 purchase, could I push over 300$ (prob more just so I dont use the full limit) and then it would allow me to make a purchase over the $200 limit?

Message 5 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:

If I wanted to make a bigger purchase could I just push the money to it from my bank? Say I want to make a $500 purchase, could I push over 300$ (prob more just so I dont use the full limit) and then it would allow me to make a purchase over the $200 limit?

You certainly could. It would show a credit balance which you can then use.

Congratulations!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.