Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorry, now I have answer... Capital One

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sorry, now I have answer... Capital One

Balance is $1660.39 and they are offering me $996.23 in one payment.

Anyone got Capital one to go lower then 50-60%?

Anyone successfully get Capital One to Delete later in GW?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: sorry, now I have answer... Capital One

I have a Capital One account that they closed in late 2008 when I fell several months behind.  It was not charged off.  I paid them in full, and I have since opened a separate account with them.  I've never been late on that account and I have no late payments on any account in nearly three years.  Capital One won't delete any of my lates via GW. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a collection account, correct?  Is there a reason you aren't trying to PFD?

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a collection account, correct?  Is there a reason you aren't trying to PFD?

I was trying to respond to the other poster when my Safari decided to go off the rails... as in that persons experience, Capital One is VERY FIRM that they NEVER delete lates, collections, charge offs, etc. unless fraud is involved and they prove it!.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was trying to respond to the other poster when my Safari decided to go off the rails... as in that persons experience, Capital One is VERY FIRM that they NEVER delete lates, collections, charge offs, etc. unless fraud is involved and they prove it!.

So you're positive they won't accept a PFD, but you are hopeful they will accept a GW request to delete if you settle for less than full?  I don't see the logic there, Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you're positive they won't accept a PFD, but you are hopeful they will accept a GW request to delete if you settle for less than full?  I don't see the logic there, Smiley Indifferent

No, Capital One will do NOTHING other then Charge off PIF or Charge off Settled in Full.

they will not turn your bad account into a positive closed PIF or flat out delete the bad account.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, Capital One will do NOTHING other then Charge off PIF or Charge off Settled in Full.

they will not turn your bad account into a positive closed PIF or flat out delete the bad account.

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ok then I must be confused.  You're saying they offered to settle (I'm assuming they would change your account to say Settled In Full"), but you're also saying they don't settle, unless you PIF.   And you're asking if anyone has gotten a GW delete, but you're also saying Cap 1 will not do any sort of deletion.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just confused.

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ok then I must be confused.  You're saying they offered to settle (I'm assuming they would change your account to say Settled In Full"), but you're also saying they don't settle, unless you PIF.   And you're asking if anyone has gotten a GW delete, but you're also saying Cap 1 will not do any sort of deletion.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just confused.

lol maybe I need another Aderrall!!

Yes they are offering Settled in Full.

I was kind of asking like I know it to be true but someone please tell me they found a way to get them to do it! as far as Deleting the account or reporting it PIF instead of anything dealing with Charge off or settlement.

and poster above confirmed that after making good on old account and now being a good loyal new customer they still can't get capital one to show a little love!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.