Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

southwest card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

southwest card

Anyone have a positive or negative experience with a southwest premier airline credit card?  50,000 points after $2,000 in purchases in the first 90 days.  15.99 % apr and $99 a year...  thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: southwest card

Okay if you fly just southwest.  But the are better reward cards IMO.

Freedom and CSP combo then transfer UR to southwest if you are using chase.  But if you already have other Chase cards and just want the sign-up bonus then 50k is good.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have a positive or negative experience with a southwest premier airline credit card?  50,000 points after $2,000 in purchases in the first 90 days.  15.99 % apr and $99 a year...  thoughts?

So far a great experience. I almost did the full spend in the first couple weeks from card arrival to statement (yesterday). One great benefit is a Chase Bank throughout the area so I knew the date the statement was to generate and drove over and paid the balance the day the first statement was printing leaving just a couple hundred to show usage.

However no bonus categories and only double points with Southwest and partner spends. Earned 2500 points last month (project 90K/yr with full usage and bonus then only 40K following years). It is not much. If they count for Companion that will be a huge benefit as I only ever make it halfway.

I just received the Freedom Card and 5% Bonus categories is a nice incentive. It will be my gas card once my 21 cent Exxon bonus ends.

Personally, I applied and obtained almost a dozen cards last month. The first cards being Hilton, Southwest and American. When it comes to relation Chase has really proved themselves thus far. I even opened a Chase Premier Platinum Plus Checking account.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far a great experience. I almost did the full spend in the first couple weeks from card arrival to statement (yesterday). One great benefit is a Chase Bank throughout the area so I knew the date the statement was to generate and drove over and paid the balance the day the first statement was printing leaving just a couple hundred to show usage.

However no bonus categories and only double points with Southwest and partner spends. Earned 2500 points last month (project 90K/yr with full usage and bonus then only 40K following years). It is not much. If they count for Companion that will be a huge benefit as I only ever make it halfway.

I just received the Freedom Card and 5% Bonus categories is a nice incentive. It will be my gas card once my 21 cent Exxon bonus ends.

Personally, I applied and obtained almost a dozen cards last month. The first cards being Hilton, Southwest and American. When it comes to relation Chase has really proved themselves thus far. I even opened a Chase Premier Platinum Plus Checking account.

The bonus points do count for companion but points from chase UR transferred in do not unless you transfer them to another vendor that transfers to SW and then transfer them in.  I just got the card as well as I am after that companion pass myself and got both versions of the personal card which will put me within 6k points of the pass once I hit minimum spend on the 2 of them.  Hoping to get that pass by august or so just in time for football season.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.