Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start applying now I cant stop

tag
markcerm
New Contributor

start applying now I cant stop

I havent applied for a long time trying to get my scores up now they are 710 TU 700+EX(was 700 but i got my util down to 5% so should be around 710-715) 666 EQ

I applied for PSECU 20/20 combo got that

I applied for amex got denied because i have a account with them 19 years ago which they closed that was reason for getting denied lol

anyway I cant stop looking at credit cards now and wanting to apply, how many would be too much apps in a month? I already got 2

what card is the best with the highest limit I can get with my scores? that only pull EX or TU

I only have 3 cards total right now one being a AU that I never use

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: start applying now I cant stop

What CC's do you have now and what are the CL's including the AU CC.

Barclays only pulls TU, if you apply and are declined, you call for a recon and stand a very good chance of getting approved.

Message 2 of 5
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to decide how I want to respond to this - I totally believe that applying for and getting credit can become an addictive behavior. I'm sure some people on the board have gone on app sprees because getting approved gives you an instant self esteem boost and makes you feel validated as a member of society.

To answer the question two is probably plenty for a month if you want to work on your score. Over 10 in a year might send a red flag to lenders that you look desparate for credit. With your current scores you are almost where you want to be - you are just on the cusp of being qualified for the best prime cards that you will want to keep for a long time. Have a little patience and make a game plan on which ones and how to get them even if it takes a few months (or years) to get there.

Congrats on your progress thus far, from your sig it looks like you have come a long way. Keep it up, you are almost to the "promised land."

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@markcerm wrote:

I havent applied for a long time trying to get my scores up now they are 710 TU 700+EX(was 700 but i got my util down to 5% so should be around 710-715) 666 EQ

I applied for PSECU 20/20 combo got that

I applied for amex got denied because i have a account with them 19 years ago which they closed that was reason for getting denied lol

anyway I cant stop looking at credit cards now and wanting to apply, how many would be too much apps in a month? I already got 2

what card is the best with the highest limit I can get with my scores? that only pull EX or TU

I only have 3 cards total right now one being a AU that I never use

Have you read here enough to know what you're doing to your credit history and credit profile every time you apply?

I'm not saying don't ever apply for anything. Well-researched and carefully-planned apps can be very helpful to your finances.

But you need to have a goal and a plan for getting there. If you just app because you have a twitch, you're going to wind up hurting your credit profile.

And +1 to PP about addictive behavior. It's very real, and unfortunately, we see it here a lot.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
markcerm
New Contributor

thanks for the replies,

I have a orchard bank card that was opened in Jan 2011  $620 limit

I am a AU on girlfriends card $9500 limit opened in 2001

I just got approved for PSECU with a $20000 limit

I plan to use my psecu card just for working capital for my business (prolly PIF each month) but only want to use this for business to high of limit to get tempted for personal

I only got orchard for a building card most of the time balance is 0 just charge 10 or 20 on it sometimes to keep it active

so now I would like a personal major credit card with a cl of 5000 or so

future plan with credit is to get a business line of credit that im putting up colladerial for

a gas credit card that my workers can use (might just use my orchard for that)

getting another work truck financed

the cards I was thinking about applying for is BofA or Barclays

I have a business accout with Fidelity bank BofA owns them right? not sure if that will help me get approved or not also not sure on what credit agency they pull from

any suggestions on what card is better BofA or Barclays?

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.