Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statement date and due date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

statement date and due date

Ok, so now I feel stupid.  lol  Can someone help me out here?

If my cc due date is say the 13th, statement cuts on the 16th, what if I make an extra payment after the due date but BEFORE the statement cuts, will it count for that month also or the next month?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: statement date and due date

It does not count for the next month. At least not with Barclays. I've done this many times with them. My payment due date is always on the 2 and my statement cuts on the 5th. I always pay my statement balance in full and I make another payment on the 4th to keep the util reported to the bureaus low on that card as it's always high. 

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If my cc due date is say the 13th, statement cuts on the 16th, what if I make an extra payment after the due date but BEFORE the statement cuts, will it count for that month also or the next month?

Let's use this month for instance.  If you make a payment today (or through the 16th), and provided it POSTS to your account before the next statement generates (which sometimes can vary by lender since some may have static dates but other lenders will vary) then that payment will not count toward next month, it will be included with all transactions that post through the 16th of November - or this month basically.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's use this month for instance.  If you make a payment today (or through the 16th), and provided it POSTS to your account before the next statement generates (which sometimes can vary by lender since some may have static dates but other lenders will vary) then that payment will not count toward next month, it will be included with all transactions that post through the 16th of November - or this month basically.

Awesome!  That is what I thought but wasn't quite sure I had it correct.  Thank you! 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

It does not count for the next month. At least not with Barclays. I've done this many times with them. My payment due date is always on the 2 and my statement cuts on the 5th. I always pay my statement balance in full and I make another payment on the 4th to keep the util reported to the bureaus low on that card as it's always high. 

Thank you!  That's what I was hoping for.  I am trying to pay down a high utlization card right now.

Message 5 of 6
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Thank you!  That's what I was hoping for.  I am trying to pay down a high utlization card right now.

No worries! Smiley Happy Woo hoo for low util!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.