Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still got a question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

still got a question

whenever i see that my credit hits 700. which i hope it will next month. (maybe im way to optimistic)
should i apply for 2 cards same day ($10k cl wanted or more!) or should i extend it over 3 months. etc.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: still got a question

Belle wrote:
whenever i see that my credit hits 700. which i hope it will next month. (maybe im way to optimistic)
should i apply for 2 cards same day ($10k cl wanted or more!) or should i extend it over 3 months. etc.

Well if you don't plan to apply for anything else, I would go ahead and do both apps the same day.  If you wai three months, that is three months longer the second inquiry will effect your score.

Message 2 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

I'm with you Brammy. That's why I recently went on a bit of a spree. If I waited, I may not have received the new cards if the score lowered due to new INQ and new accounts. Now I'm happy. Have everything I need. Now I just need them to continue to age - with perfect history Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys for the replies. im gonna do that.
does anyone no if we apply by phone on same day etc. one inquiry might not see other etc.

or am i just being to precautious for no reason.

may 2006

now

hoping next month

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Belle,

Good job on raising your scores. Please tell me what steps you took to raise your scores. I'm in the process of cleaning my credit reports right now and I must admit it's a labor of love............

My scores are as follows:

Experian: 613

TransUnion:564

Equifax: 573
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Klasha,

Well it took alot of work. and lots of $30/per credit pulls.(cause we dont have any deals here in canada). This is what we did:

-got rid of all installment loans(remtg. home./we have lots of equity in our home& still do!)
this got rid of $582/pmt./month.
-got rid of a line of credit $2K blc $2K cl (maxed) & closed(that was bad!)
-finished paying off our auto loans($700/month)
-adjustment at capital one, where there was old baddies, got them to remove(this was the 60 pt jump)
-paid balance of credit cards(which didnt help our credit/reloaded to 70%)
stupid me. learned the util. % only 3 months ago.
(always pay my credit card, small cl. $1K but i use it for approx $2K per month and pay twice each month and pay it on stmt dates now)

RIGHT HERE WENT FROM 470-535
waited  2 or 3 months and pulled
RIGHT HERE 599

waited one year to age everything.

-cap 1( 1 current late 30 days) paid 2 days after stmt date. stupid cap. due to civic holiday
-brought it up current for upcoming pull
now with cap 1 reporting next month, as per all views scores should be going up 50-80 pts.
and last month i missed my stmt. day (by one day!!) and that i hope to see at least a 17 -25pt. up
and with wells fargo changing over names last month. they created new accounts with zero balances on our reports and i believed that dinged it. approx. 14 pts.

so if any one has a wells fargo financial account( that was called tcc yes plan) check it out asap.
it could be reporting falsly on ur report. u must call. for them to remove it asap. they will reply and adjust graciously. received a letter explaining their error etc..

maybe im too hopeful but i cant wait to see next month. with util. at 1-2% and cap 1.

hope it helps

Message 6 of 8
AlwaysLearning

As long as you apply for both credit cards in a 14 day window, it will coundt as one inquiry.  Whenever you shop for a car, mortgage, etc. and have similar inquiries coming through at the same time, they count as one.

But I'd like to caution you.  Don't apply for more than two or three cards in this 14 day window, otherwise you will raise red flags as to why you need revolving credit so badly.

So whether you do one app online and the other by phone, it shouldn't matter if the inquiries hit within a day or two of each other.  You're in the 14 day window.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

AlwaysLearning wrote:
As long as you apply for both credit cards in a 14 day window, it will coundt as one inquiry.  Whenever you shop for a car, mortgage, etc. and have similar inquiries coming through at the same time, they count as one.

But I'd like to caution you.  Don't apply for more than two or three cards in this 14 day window, otherwise you will raise red flags as to why you need revolving credit so badly.

So whether you do one app online and the other by phone, it shouldn't matter if the inquiries hit within a day or two of each other.  You're in the 14 day window.

You are mistaken... Only Auto and Mortgage INQs in a 14 day period have one INQ effect.. And a change is being made to that which will give you 30 I believe.

ALL CC INQS COUNT!!!

Rob
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.