cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student card for a previously bankrupt 30 year old??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

student card for a previously bankrupt 30 year old??

I had a BK in 2005.  I am 30 years old, and got my first credit card (a Discover) while a student in college with no credit.  The Discover card itself was paid off and closed long before my Chapter 7 BK in 2005.

I'm doing OK now, have scores just under 600, and am re-establishing credit, but would like a credit card that's not high in fees and low in limits like I have now with Orchard and Aspire.  Since I am legitimately a grad student (went back to school recently to work on an MBA) would Discover give me a "student" card, or would they still require a minimum credit score?

Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-02-2007 08:15 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: student card for a previously bankrupt 30 year old??

Still going to need an appropriate score to secure a Discover card... Prob the most difficult CC to get.

Rob
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: student card for a previously bankrupt 30 year old??

Have a score of at least 680 before looking at Discover, to be on the safe side.  And yes, it is a very hard card to obtain, some Discover cards need excess of 750 credit scores to be a safe approval.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.