Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

successful Barclay's NFL card PC

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

successful Barclay's NFL card PC

got nfl Giants card 2 yesrs ago just for $200 bonus. only run min amount through it to keep live, called today try to do pc to Sallie Mae, told the two product is very different, offer switch me to Barclay's reward MC, took the offer,they will also give me 1000 bonus points after 1st purchase, no credit pull.
i think get off cobrand card is a step to the right direction, might be easier pc to Sallie mae later on
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: successful Barclay's NFL card PC

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
Built2last
New Contributor

I was considering doing a PC from my Barclay's NFL reward card as well.  Does Barclay's do a hard pull for this?  I would like to get a card with better rewards and a higher CL.  It seems like the NFL card is a starter card.  I have had trouble getting above a $1k CL with them even though I have several $5k cards with Chase and Amex.

photo chase-freedom-personal_zps7d0f91f4.png">
Message 3 of 5
noobody
Established Contributor

no hp for pc, but CLI may be different story. they gave me 8k 2 years ago, my highest then.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 5
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

YMMV on this. I would assume tenure comes in to play. I tried at least 8-10 times (not a typo) between my 6th and 12th months of having it. I called the analyst and retention departments and got nowhere. Recently I tried one last time and failed. In doing so I just app'd for the Sallie Mae and was approved. I tried to move the NFL line over but they denied that request due to account openings in the past 24 mos...lol

Ended up closing the NFL card outright. No need for it and my Giants sucked anyway this year....lmao

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.