Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surprise for Citi Executive AA and Aviator card holders

tag
nkrishdtt
Valued Member

surprise for Citi Executive AA and Aviator card holders

Just noticed this when i logged into my barclaycard and saw that the card is now an aviator red. I was going through the FAQ. Not sure if i'm misreading this but It seems 10K is a combined maximum from both the programs combined. If true that'll be really sad as i thought it could be 20K depending on the spend across aviator and AA exec cards. Did anyone else already know about this?

Barclaycard FAQ.jpg

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: surprise for Citi Executive AA and Aviator card holders

@nkrishdtt wrote:

Just noticed this when i logged into my barclaycard and saw that the card is now an aviator red. I was going through the FAQ. Not sure if i'm misreading this but It seems 10K is a combined maximum from both the programs combined. If true that'll be really sad as i thought it could be 20K depending on the spend across aviator and AA exec cards. Did anyone else already know about this?

Barclaycard FAQ.jpg

i was trying to merge my accoutns today apparently i was failing somehow. Looks like i am going to call AA tomorrow to see if they can merge me . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@nkrishdtt wrote:

Barclaycard FAQ.jpg

i was trying to merge my accoutns today apparently i was failing somehow. Looks like i am going to call AA tomorrow to see if they can merge me . 

To merge accounts, make sure everything match your US Air card and Citi aa card.  I spent an hour on hold so if one initial is off, it won't merge.  Just a heads up..

Name, phone number, address, middle initial etc have to be the same for all account for you to merge successfully...

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really understand the OP.

There is no way that the max amount of miles you can earn per year is 10K.
Message 4 of 14
nkrishdtt
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Nixon - that's atleast what i'm reading off the FAQ on the barclaycard side. There's nothing in Citi about it, but Barclay's is clearly telling 10K is the max you can earn even if you meet the spend requirement for 10K on both citi and aviator.

Being in DFW, i tend to use AA a lot and this just doesn't make sense to me...hope i'm wrong Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe 10K anniv miles?

I have 10K anniv miles coming to me yearly.
Message 6 of 14
nkrishdtt
Valued Member

@nkrishdtt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nixon - that's atleast what i'm reading off the FAQ on the barclaycard side. There's nothing in Citi about it, but Barclay's is clearly telling 10K is the max you can earn even if you meet the spend requirement for 10K on both citi and aviator.

Being in DFW, i tend to use AA a lot and this just doesn't make sense to me...hope i'm wrong Smiley Sad

oh and just to set the context, this is for the 10K EQM that's given on meeting the spend requirement! I don't think there is a limit to miles earned on either card

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get these EQM

Message 8 of 14
bigbang91
Established Contributor

lol,the 10k max is for the 10% redeemed miles back annualy per aadvantage account.for EQM,there is no cap,you can earn more than 10k if you have both citi and Barclay card

Message 9 of 14
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you get these EQM

5k for each 20k qualifying purchases

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.