cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switched Nrewards to GOrewards (NFCU)

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: switched Nrewards to GOrewards (NFCU)

@DaveSignal wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

I did this a few months back.  IMO, goRewards is the best card offered by NFCU.

In your opinion, is it because it has more rewards than just airfare? I have noticed very large CL's with the flagship card but it doesnt seem to have as many non-travel rewards.

It is because the rewards are flexible: cash, travel, or merchandise, there is no annual fee, and there is no foreign transaction fee.   It is the only card offered by NFCU with this combination.  For me, I have other cards that I use much more often than NFCU, so the annual fee, even though small, is not worth it for me, especially when the flagship doesn't even have EMV.

That makes sense. I have the Citi TYP and that has the EMV. It was a pain in Ireland last month not having it. I do a lot of international travel and it sounds like the GoRewards is pretty nice. I actually just started a thread for everyone to chime in about all the different NFCU cards. It will be interesting to hear the stories behind them.

Message 11 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

In your opinion, is it because it has more rewards than just airfare? I have noticed very large CL's with the flagship card but it doesnt seem to have as many non-travel rewards.

It is because the rewards are flexible: cash, travel, or merchandise, there is no annual fee, and there is no foreign transaction fee.   It is the only card offered by NFCU with this combination.  For me, I have other cards that I use much more often than NFCU, so the annual fee, even though small, is not worth it for me, especially when the flagship doesn't even have EMV.

+1

IMO, NFCU credit cards are just not competitive enough to use as my primary card for everyday use.

Message 12 of 13
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

The flagship card actually does all three. Gives higher initial CLs, has a higher maximum limit and a faster redemption rate. Yes it has a $49 AF which is paltry IMO and can be paid for with 5,000 points. This year I already redeemed $450 in airfare a great turn around for $49. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.