cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchrony account issues (temporarily locked)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: synchrony account issues (temporarily locked)

@BSL1229 wrote:
I am beyond aggravated with this tonight so thank you all so much for answering my questions. The guy I spoke to said it was an IRS form so I apparently am being asked for proof of income. I was hoping it was just verification of my identity. What do you think? This sucks all of my accounts are locked.

If the guy told you it's an IRS form then more than likely it will be a 4506-T request (they want access to your tax transcripts to prove your income Smiley Sad ). How many accounts do you have with them and what are their limits? Do you file taxes at all? If so and you want to keep the accounts open, you can submit the form they're requesting and then just wait to see what happens. Then you can explain where your other income comes from. I mean they do allow household income and child support to be included as income, and those might not be included in your taxes...so...

Message 21 of 34
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

100% sounds like a 4506-TEZ, I asked if there's any other forum to provide them of Income just because I'm real wary about my Social, address.. Etc in the mail, and was flat out told no about 7 times... It's 4506-T or accounts are closed Smiley Sad... You have 30 days from the date they lock your accounts to send it back and they receive it or they'll be closed... They write that in bold on the top -__-
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
100% sounds like a 4506-TEZ, I asked if there's any other forum to provide them of Income just because I'm real wary about my Social, address.. Etc in the mail, and was flat out told no about 7 times... It's 4506-T or accounts are closed Smiley Sad... You have 30 days from the date they lock your accounts to send it back and they receive it or they'll be closed... They write that in bold on the top -__-

Oh my... that sucks Smiley Sad I really hope this doesn't spread too much. Smiley Mad

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe we should get a thread going of income used on applications and overall credit limits with synch.
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe we should get a thread going of income used on applications and overall credit limits with synch.

+1 I agree.

People should add their data points to the thread Musiclover started - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682/highlight/false

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 I agree.

People should add their data points to the thread Musiclover started - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682/highlight/false

Please definitely check the main thread listed above by JustMe - there is important information in there as well:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682/page/4

Message 26 of 34
RonM21
Valued Contributor

This is definitely crazy to see. I checked mine and am blessed not to be effected but still. It could be coming. I know someone posted an article on another thread that basically showed that for whatever reason, Synchrony was expecting more losses on charge offs than normal. I wonder if that is a part of what is going on.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 27 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Maybe if they see you have more credit to burn the more loss they can incur? If they have thst much loss id imagine they would want to right the ship beforr she goes under. Crazyness all aroundSmiley Sad
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad Synchcrony isn't just closing everyone's accounts without allowing them the opportunity to prove their ability to pay like Comenity did. At least they are giving options which is better. I hope everything works out for everyone. Stay positiveSmiley Happy!

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

I'm glad Synchcrony isn't just closing everyone's accounts without allowing them the opportunity to prove their ability to pay like Comenity did. At least they are giving options which is better. I hope everything works out for everyone. Stay positiveSmiley Happy!

Another reason this forum is an asset.  If it had happened to me, under normal circumstances I probably would have complied.  Now if it ever does I absolutely would not.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.