Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchrony blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

synchrony blacklist

hi all, new here.

I had a sync lowes card that was charged off, was sued and the case dismissed with me not owing anything and the account and collection are off my credit.

the only furniture store around here is sync based and was wondering if i would possibly be approved for a card thru them again?

thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: synchrony blacklist

How long ago did that happen?

Majority of lenders are forgiving, but not when all debts have been paid or taken care of. The courts might have dismissed it, but I'm sure synchrony still has it written down that it wasn't paid
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sync does not blacklist and if it's not on your credit you are golden.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for a WalMart card and an Amazon Prime store card with an old Belk CO still on my reports.  This has been paid via a debt collector but my reports at the time did not show the account as paid.  But, they would not approve me for a Lowe's card. The reasons were more to do with my current credit picture (low score, too new accounts) rather than past history though.  They seem fairly forgiving.  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned them in my 2008 Chapter 13 bankruptcy and I now have four of their cards. So yes, they are forgiving...

Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

At the risk of sounding like an 'echo' I'll say that I burned them pretty bad back in the mid-2000s and now my two cards with the highest credit lines are with them, so they are definitely forgiving.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

this makes me happy. I lost my job and am on payment plans with my Synch cards to get them paid down with the amount i can afford, I was so bummed because i felt once the payment plans are over or I pay them off that I wont be able to get my accounts back once im financially stable again. So this gives me a little ray of hope 

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 7 of 8
greent
Frequent Contributor

I would say you are ok. If it's off your credit you should be able to go with sync again. I had a charge off from Target it's now off my report. I apped for Target again last month and was approved. So you should be okay. Good luck enjoy shopping for furniture.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.