Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

target denial

I got shot down for the target redcard, I was told to many inquiries.. but i did get approved for an orchard bank card with a 750.00 limit, go figure??? have also been shot down for a hooters mastercard, and I had a merrick bank card that closed in good standing..
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: target denial

I was denied 2.5 years ago. Now I use my Macy's Visa in Target.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 13
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

I got shot down for the Target card when I first started looking for my first credit card as well.

Just go to a bank and open a Secured Credit card. Easiest way to go IMO and a bank's card will grow with you.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously doubt Target is approving very many credit applications...since they too are struggling and closing many stores.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bran9192 wrote:
I seriously doubt Target is approving very many credit applications...since they too are struggling and closing many stores.

Really?  I haven't heard anything about Target doing poorly (relative to other retail companies, at least), or closing stores...

Message 5 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I got turned down from them also.  It was due to a CO with them 15 years ago.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied online last night for the Target card.  I was expecting the red card with a $200 limit.  But to my surprise got approved for the Target Visa with a $4,000 limit. 
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have read about Target not doing well also. The summary of what I have been reading is that Target's sales are down, while Wal-Mart is doing suprising well. Target had positioned themselves to be superior to stores like K-Mart and Wal-Mart and targeted a more designer market. In years past this has worked for them, but with the economy the way it is and a lot of folks just buying the basics, Wal-Mart is picking up a big market share from folks that are buying what they need, rather then what they want. I personally prefer Target over Wal-Mart as far as shopping goes, but if I had to cut back spending, I'd certainly go where I'm going to get the best bang for the buck and I think that's where Wal-Mart has a big advantage in this economic climate.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got shot down for the target redcard, I was told to many inquiries.. but i did get approved for an orchard bank card with a 750.00 limit, go figure??? have also been shot down for a hooters mastercard, and I had a merrick bank card that closed in good standing..

No worries. Your not missing much. But if thats the card you want dont stop trying.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh forget target , I do not want to risk another inquiry .. maybe i might try later, I have to get rid of some of those inq first..
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.