cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target visa account balance not updating

Frequent Contributor

target visa account balance not updating

 I charged, (rounded for easy math) 200 bucks on my target card. Then I paid it off a few days later. Almost 4 weeks later, my online info still said CL=600; available bal: 400. The payment had clearly posted; they just hadn't updated.
 
I emailed them, and it was suddenly fixed. They didn't say there was anything wrong, just reassured me that I had 600 available. I'm just worried that I HAD to email them to get it fixed. This card has such a teeny, tiny CL, I can see this being a problem, were I to ever use it twice in a month.
 
Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal for a Target card? My other cards update available balance immediately.
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: target visa account balance not updating

I've never had a problem with Target not updating.
 
Did you recently get switched from the Red Card to the Visa?  The only weirdness I can remember was when it took them approximately 2 months to transfer the Red Card balance onto the Visa.
 
Odd, indeed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

Re: target visa account balance not updating

2 months....I've been waiting 3 years. Smiley Wink

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
 
The only weirdness I can remember was when it took them approximately 2 months to transfer the Red Card balance onto the Visa.
 


On a serious note, I just used my RedCard yesterday and balance posted today. I paid today online - I'll make sure I watch and see how long it takes for it to reflect in my available credit.
Message 3 of 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: target visa account balance not updating



WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
I've never had a problem with Target not updating.
 
Did you recently get switched from the Red Card to the Visa?  The only weirdness I can remember was when it took them approximately 2 months to transfer the Red Card balance onto the Visa.
 
Odd, indeed.


Nope, i never had the red card. They gave me the visa first. **grumbles about WANTING the store card**
 
Thanks, Upupup, let me know. Wow, your user name is fun to type!


Message Edited by pjxf99 on 09-22-2008 08:39 PM
FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)
Message 4 of 5
Moderator Emeritus

Re: target visa account balance not updating



UpUpUp wrote:
2 months....I've been waiting 3 years. Smiley Wink

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
 
The only weirdness I can remember was when it took them approximately 2 months to transfer the Red Card balance onto the Visa.
 


On a serious note, I just used my RedCard yesterday and balance posted today. I paid today online - I'll make sure I watch and see how long it takes for it to reflect in my available credit.


You'll get it.  Target just waits for the stars to align to their specifications before they pass out Visa logos.
 
Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 5