tempted to apply for a 2nd citi exec

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: tempted to apply for a 2nd citi exec

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Yeah those folks are playing with fire, I wouldn't risk it myself either.  I was thinking about applying for card #2 next week before the 3/31/14 expiration but I decided to wait until June 2014 for any new apps.  I hope it is still around then too.

For some people with a really solid and thick credit history, or just a really high internal score with Citi, they probably have more leverage. But honestly speaking a lot of the people on FT do not fall under that category, and they are just straight up misers. If they don't care about losing their Citi cards or getting blacklisted, then I guess it's perfectly reasonable to abuse as much as possible to milk it out for what it's worth.

Even if this AA offer isn't around by then, I am guessing Barclays will ramp up their US Airways promotion sometime towards the end of this year too. They have a lot of miles on hand that they need to get rid off before the deadline for them to stop issuing US Airway cards.

+1. This is why I can't stand FT.

The majority of the people there are so cheap/stingy it's unbelievable, yet they're so self-entitled at the same time. I wonder how many have pulled DYKWIAs but won't admit it, and the sad truth is the hotel/airline employees don't really care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4H3m3Ew

OMG that video is great. "I don't understand. I am a diamond guest!" By the way not sure it has been mentioned in this thread, but did not see it referenced. It appears that VRs may be going cash only on at least a regional if not national basis. If that is how people are planning on meeting ytheir initial 10k spend with this card then they should monitor developments closely before apping. If you don't know what VRs are then there is no need to worry about it!

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 71 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.