Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tempted to apply for a 2nd citi exec

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: tempted to apply for a 2nd citi exec

if it wasnt for them always double pulling my apps, i probably would have caved in...LOL.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 21 of 71
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

after thinking about this .. i think i am going to hold off. Going to try and garden til next year because I want to get an amex plat, everyday preferred and spg next year

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 22 of 71
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

after thinking about this .. i think i am going to hold off. Going to try and garden til next year because I want to get an amex plat, everyday preferred and spg next year

why not get those 2 now?

Message 23 of 71
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I'm really afraid of chase terminating my accounts because of too many cards .. I love chase and UR and would really hate it if I got my accounts closed for some reason.

The everyday preferred I'm waiting to see if there will be a bigger sign up bonus. The SPG and plat I closes this year in hopes of getting them again next year for bonus but don't think that will happen now that they switched their terms but I could always get the business versions
Message 24 of 71
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:
I'm really afraid of chase terminating my accounts because of too many cards .. I love chase and UR and would really hate it if I got my accounts closed for some reason.

The everyday preferred I'm waiting to see if there will be a bigger sign up bonus. The SPG and plat I closes this year in hopes of getting them again next year for bonus but don't think that will happen now that they switched their terms but I could always get the business versions

well how much credit have you acquired in the last 12 months?

Message 25 of 71
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

This year just a citi aa exec and chase ink bold

Previous year

Discover IT ( jan)
Amex plat ( feb)
Freedom
Amex SPG (May)

Amex plat I closed February of 2014
Amex SPG pc'd to blue so I didn't lose points
Message 26 of 71
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:
This year just a citi aa exec and chase ink bold

Previous year

Discover IT ( jan)
Amex plat ( feb)
Freedom
Amex SPG (May)

Amex plat I closed February of 2014
Amex SPG pc'd to blue so I didn't lose points

well you only have opened 3 chase cards and one is business so not on personal credit so you are good to apply. If you get approved with a high limit you can always ask them to reduce it so that way it will not scare off other lenders but honeslty, if you really want the card i would just app for it.

Message 27 of 71
enharu
Super Contributor

hmmm interesting! I didn't know we can get a 2nd exec AA card.

Do we need to close the 1st one?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 28 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Lots of reports on Flyertalk of people being approved for 2. I may try if this is still around in 30 - 45 days.
Message 29 of 71
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

hmmm interesting! I didn't know we can get a 2nd exec AA card.

Do we need to close the 1st one?

But YOU probably shouldn't apply, right!

Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.