Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible BOA customer service! OMG

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

terrible BOA customer service! OMG

hey guys, I have been interested in the BOA priviledges with travel rewards, I have the BOA 123 cash back siggy.

I asked online via chat if I am able to PC to that card, was told that I was and all I would have to do is call in or send email, I decided to do it and sent an email requesting the PC to the card. got an email back stating that they are sorry but I got wrong info and that card is no longer offered by BOA.

called in this morning to speak to a rep, was now told that they are sorry but that is not true either, what is true is that they DO still offer the priviledges with travel rewards but im not eligible since I dont have $50,000 in assests with BOA, I told them that that is not a requirement for that card and that their website and T&C say different, was transferred to a supervisor, was told the same by her, I disagreed and hung up. called back and spoke to someone else, this new rep said sorry for the wrong info again, agreed with me that the $50,000 is not required but for some reason I am not eligible for the PC and was not able to give me a reason. 

so 4 different reps, 4 different answers... unbeliveable lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: terrible BOA customer service! OMG

@slap_happy wrote:

hey guys, I have been interested in the BOA priviledges with travel rewards, I have the BOA 123 cash back siggy.

I asked online via chat if I am able to PC to that card, was told that I was and all I would have to do is call in or send email, I decided to do it and sent an email requesting the PC to the card. got an email back stating that they are sorry but I got wrong info and that card is no longer offered by BOA.

called in this morning to speak to a rep, was now told that they are sorry but that is not true either, what is true is that they DO still offer the priviledges with travel rewards but im not eligible since I dont have $50,000 in assests with BOA, I told them that that is not a requirement for that card and that their website and T&C say different, was transferred to a supervisor, was told the same by her, I disagreed and hung up. called back and spoke to someone else, this new rep said sorry for the wrong info again, agreed with me that the $50,000 is not required but for some reason I am not eligible for the PC and was not able to give me a reason. 

I feel your pain.  I had to deal with them recently to get them to remove the "Payments managed by financial counseling program" notation from my CRs.  One thing I learned is that FIA CSRs can't tell their head from a hole in the ground.  Trust me, you're not alone.

Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@slap_happy wrote:

The BankAmericard Privileges® CC with Travel Rewards is NOT available for you to apply directly (i.e. online) or PC from an existing BofA CC unless you (a) visit a local BofA branch and speak to a banker (b) have a minimum of $50K to park and (c) have an existing Platinum Privileges account - no exceptions.

Additionally, to qualify for the program you must have an active Bank of America personal checking account and maintain at least $50,000 as a combined balance in your Bank of America deposit accounts and/or your Merrill Edge brokerage accounts.

Now, as far as the BankAmericard Privileges® CC with Cash Rewards, the policy just changed a few months ago to remain consistent with the above Platinum Privileges program.  You can apply directly for this one online (cannot PC); however, you will need to meet the minimum elegibility criteria to qualify.

I upgraded my Cash Rewards Visa Sig to the BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards earlier in the year, but it is no longer a viable option.

Message 3 of 9
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I applied for the Privileges CR about 6 months ago and i dont have 50k with them. Things must have change since then but i always knew that you couldnt pc to it tho.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 4 of 9
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

The BankAmericard Privileges® CC with Travel Rewards is NOT available for you to apply directly (i.e. online) or PC from an existing BofA CC unless you (a) visit a local BofA branch and speak to a banker (b) have a minimum of $50K to park and (c) have an existing Platinum Privileges account - no exceptions.

Additionally, to qualify for the program you must have an active Bank of America personal checking account and maintain at least $50,000 as a combined balance in your Bank of America deposit accounts and/or your Merrill Edge brokerage accounts.

Now, as far as the BankAmericard Privileges® CC with Cash Rewards, the policy just changed a few months ago to remain consistent with the above Platinum Privileges program.  You can apply directly for this one online (cannot PC); however, you will need to meet the minimum elegibility criteria to qualify.

I upgraded my Cash Rewards Visa Sig to the BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards earlier in the year, but it is no longer a viable option.

I disagree finstar, I was offered to PC to the BOA Priviledges cash rewards today on the phone with the last rep I spoke to, also, the $50000 is NOT a requirement to app, that is the reason for the AF, if the $50000 was required then there would be no reason for the AF since all applicants would have the fee waived. 

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@slap_happy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

I disagree finstar, I was offered to PC to the BOA Priviledges cash rewards today on the phone with the last rep I spoke to, also, the $50000 is NOT a requirement to app, that is the reason for the AF, if the $50000 was required then there would be no reason for the AF since all applicants would have the fee waived. 

You can disagree but that is their policy.  Inherently, the BofA reps may begin the process for PC (and they are unable to see the final result until it's put through the acceptance and PC process) and then realize you do not quality.  Also, there are two Privileges programs, the Travel Rewards and the Cash Rewards.

The Privileges Cash Rewards program can be applied by anyone and does not have the same restriction as the Privileges Travel Rewards.  If you have a BofA banker, then my suggestion is to contact them.  Bottom line, you would NOT be able to PC either to the Privileges Travel Rewards or the Cash Rewards.

Message 6 of 9
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Have you tried online chat? I applied for the privilege CR that way because the two times i called the CSR told me i didnt meet the criteria(50k).

When i asked online he told me that yes i could app for it but it would have a AF. Travel rewards is a diff animal tho. 

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jsickz32 wrote:

Have you tried online chat? I applied for the privilege CR that way because the two times i called the CSR told me i didnt meet the criteria(50k).

When i asked online he told me that yes i could app for it but it would have a AF. Travel rewards is a diff animal tho

^^^^

This... exactly. 

Message 8 of 9
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

When i asked online he told me that yes i could app for it but it would have a AF. Travel rewards is a diff animal tho

^^^^

This... exactly. 

look, I could be wrong, ive been wrong many times in my life lol, but as far as policy goes, read the T&C for the PTR and you will see that having $50000 investments is NOT required, again, that is the reason for the AF. but whatever the case may be, the reason for the posting was that 4 different reps including a supv. had 4 very different responses to the same question and all of the said "SORRY FOR THE WRONG ANSWER" for the previous rep lol, now thats bad CS.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.