tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: thank you chase

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I signed into my chase account last night and saw a charge on my csp card from Netflix. I have never used Netflix. so I called the number on the back of my card and within 10 mins the card was closed and new ones will be ups out to me. Great service very easy to work with! I did call Netflix for the heck of it to figure out who used my card they wouldn't give me a name but they said it was from the UK. has anyone else had this happen?

Kinda Ballsy IMO as IP's are basically addresses unless this person went through alot of trouble to mask his IP, otherwise he is a sitting duck for CC fraud.

Not really a lot of trouble, lots of VPN services out there, which I use to access various UK services (No, it wasn't me!)   So no guarentee that this user really was in the UK at all.

Oh I agree, but it is still traceabe pretty easily unless the person went to alot of trouble.  IP's still leave a trail.. Whether it is worth it for them to trace it in time and effort, very doubtful...  I work in IT, not hardware, but software..  Probably is from the US.

So you are saying without the cooperation of the VPN provider you can still trace to source computer?

Message 11 of 12
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

Re: thank you chase

Chase noticed two fairly small charges at two different supermarkets in OH, for the same amount (about $55), I live in MI and never use the CSP at supermarkets, and would never go to two supermarkets in the same day.  They blocked the account after the second attempt, and sent me a text asking to respond with "1" if I made the charges, and "2" if I didn't.  I sent "2", and they immediately sent back a text with a number to call (the fraud department).  They then cancelled the account and UPSd me a new card.

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.