Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the card ax thread....

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

the card ax thread....

while i am gardening it got me thinking.. now that i have prime cards i dont see a need for some store cards. so over the next year i plan on axing some store cards that no longer fit me.. the first to go will be my BBY card, then my home depot card and then my Jared card. i plan on replacing my capitalone cards with freedom and bcp after achiving those cards cap1 will get the next ax. it would then leave me with this line up:

Zync

BCP

Freedom

Slate

Kohls

Walmart

i feel like that line up would fit my needs more then my current line up and it would be eaiser to keep track of as well.

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: the card ax thread....

Looks good! Does Slate have a low APR?

Message 2 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks good! Does Slate have a low APR?

i have 0% until april 2013 and then ill get it lowered 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks like a nice lineup.  Closing some never-used store cards sounds like a good idea to me.  I've always liked keeping a small number of cards.  Keeping track of lots of different cards has always seemed like it would be more hassle than its worth.

Message 4 of 8
namvet
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

while i am gardening it got me thinking.. now that i have prime cards i dont see a need for some store cards. so over the next year i plan on axing some store cards that no longer fit me.. the first to go will be my BBY card, then my home depot card and then my Jared card. i plan on replacing my capitalone cards with freedom and bcp after achiving those cards cap1 will get the next ax. it would then leave me with this line up:

Zync

BCP

Freedom

Slate

Kohls

Walmart

i feel like that line up would fit my needs more then my current line up and it would be eaiser to keep track of as well.

Glad to see you have a long term plan.  Best of luck to you in the garden!

Message 5 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@namvet wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Zync

BCP

Freedom

Slate

Kohls

Walmart

thanks... walmart could still get the ax at some point but i will always keep my kohls for the 30% off i get alot and i pay no tax on clothes so its great

Message 6 of 8
namvet
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@namvet wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Zync

BCP

Freedom

Slate

Kohls

Walmart

thanks... walmart could still get the ax at some point but i will always keep my kohls for the 30% off i get alot and i pay no tax on clothes so its great

Keep the Wally card.  No reason to get rid of it. 

Message 7 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

yea i know free TU scroes... i am hoping to have my UTL below 20% by end of march if not lower if i can help it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.