Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the discover dungen thread.

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

the discover dungen thread.

For everyone they forgot about said $^&$^&^&# you to. Smiley Sad. post your stories here.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: the discover dungen thread.

I was there for a long time, they seem to remember if you start with low limits why they gave you those limits. I received very slow increases until this year, the last two months I have received 500 and 1.5k finally getting the limit to 4150. I have had the account many years and started at 500. But many have said they seem to have been changing recently, and I have seen that as well so hopefully this is a sign of better things to come from them.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's secured, so no CLIs unless they magically give one until after May 16th, at which point I can add more if I want.  So not really in the dungeon so much as just unable to do anything about my credit line at the moment.

I'm scheduled to unsecure in November so I'm considering upping my credit limit as much as I can possibly afford to between now and then, so even if I don't get a CLI after I unsecure my limit will still be respectable.

That said, as per your signature you got your Discover around the same time I did so you can't have had more than 6 statements (my sixth cuts on 5/5).  I'd give them a little while longer before I write them off as not ever giving any love ever.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with $500 in December. Hit the cli button after 90 days in March. Declined. Called in April and was declined with a sp and asked to speak to an analyst.  She was quite abrasive telling me why I wasn't qualified. I told her I had substantially higher limits with other creditors and she said "we only give small increases, we don't raise accounts from $500 to $10,000". I told her I wasn't asking for that but $500 would be sufficient, that I would consider closing the account if I can't see some  type of movement. She then said "would you like me to transfer you to customer service so you can get the account closed?" I told her no but to note in my file that if I don't see some movement in my limit in the near future due to my good payment history I will initiate closing the account. She said she would note that with my account.

10 days later I get an e-mail informing me of an increase to $800. Several days ago I receive a Starbucks gift card saying  ENJOY A $5 TREAT ON US..

We'll see how this goes throughout the year as I intend to pay them  in a  more than needed manner.

Message 4 of 6
Kenro
Regular Contributor

I had 500$ Discover Card and they refused to CLI me even though I had 10k limit card from Amex. Closed it down, applied got 100$ Amazon credit and 3 000 limit.

Message 5 of 6
zerbherb
Established Contributor

They were about to give me one and then didn't because of the amex Smiley Sad. Was it worth it?

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.