Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the hunt for a Sapphire Reserve in-branch pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

the hunt for a Sapphire Reserve in-branch pre-approval

Well I have officially made this my focus for the next few months. I have a 6 week trip to Asia next year and would love to make use of a CSR for the remaining expenses. If worse comes to worse I will probably open an Amex Business SPG, personal Delta gold, or something else to make use of the remaining spending I need to do for this trip, but the CSR checks will continue regardless.

For the record, I am officially at 16/24 (everything opened between June 2015 and July 2016 to be specific) and although I applied the day the normal app went live I was of course denied quickly for 5/24. I have a Chase savings account, as well as the Sapphire Preferred and Freedom Unlimited.

I will be updating this post as i continue to check with different branches until the exciting day finally comes.

So far we have:

2016/12/17 - banker lady refused to check, stating that they are not supposed to do that in branch and I can just go home and check for myself on my computer

2016/12/19 - CPC banker agreed to check for me but claimed she found no pre-approvals.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: the hunt for a Sapphire Reserve in-branch pre-approval

Good luck in your pursuit 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I have officially made this my focus for the next few months. I have a 6 week trip to Asia next year and would love to make use of a CSR for the remaining expenses. If worse comes to worse I will probably open an Amex Business SPG, personal Delta gold, or something else to make use of the remaining spending I need to do for this trip, but the CSR checks will continue regardless.

For the record, I am officially at 16/24 (everything opened between June 2015 and July 2016 to be specific) and although I applied the day the normal app went live I was of course denied quickly for 5/24. I have a Chase savings account, as well as the Sapphire Preferred and Freedom Unlimited.

I will be updating this post as i continue to check with different branches until the exciting day finally comes.

So far we have:

2016/12/17 - banker lady refused to check, stating that they are not supposed to do that in branch and I can just go home and check for myself on my computer

2016/12/19 - CPC banker agreed to check for me but claimed she found no pre-approvals.

I may be wrong here but if I think I read somewhere that they have tried to close down that loophole of CPC and pre-approvals. So I think you may not really get any answer there

The best of course would be just apply and get it but you already know with 16/24 there is very little chance of you getting the card. I see you have CSP, may be you upgrade but that means losing 100K UR which I think the reason why you are applying in the first place?

Message 3 of 6
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So far we have:

When was the last time you open a chase credit card account? You might have a better chance if there's a 6 month lapse from that app. Also, please open a chase checking account and it might help you later. For detail of my experience, please check my previous post!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far we have:

I may be wrong here but if I think I read somewhere that they have tried to close down that loophole of CPC and pre-approvals. So I think you may not really get any answer there

The best of course would be just apply and get it but you already know with 16/24 there is very little chance of you getting the card. I see you have CSP, may be you upgrade but that means losing 100K UR which I think the reason why you are applying in the first place?

The sign-up bonus is a draw of course, but the overall functions of the card are better than the CSP enough that I would probably consider upgrading if that was a possiblity. If it hits that point I might just go for a Ritz, and move it's limit to the CSP account to allow for an upgrade.

Long-term, my goals are to basically pump all my spending through Chase and Amex to pile up UR and MR for transferring as vacations dictate.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far we have:

When was the last time you open a chase credit card account? You might have a better chance if there's a 6 month lapse from that app. Also, please open a chase checking account and it might help you later. For detail of my experience, please check my previous post!

The last time I opened a Chase account was April 14th this year I believe. I can certainly open up a checking account with them as well. Do you have a link to your post by chance?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.