Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the "WORST" card you have ever had

tag
pembrokepride
Contributor

Re: the "WORST" card you have ever had

First Premier followed closely by Credit One both are sharks!!!!!

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 11 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A First Premier with 59.9% APR, I used it a few times, always PIF, kept it one year and said bye bye.

Message 12 of 28
12njoy
Super Contributor

@pembrokepride wrote:

First Premier followed closely by Credit One both are sharks!!!!!

+1

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 28
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

would have to be the beaver card. got the card in the mail 2nd week ok january after being approved late december. activated end of january and after immediately trying to use it, declined the very first swipe. found out account have been under review and suspended even before being activated due to a "compromising event". well thank you for the heads up before looking like a jackass. nothing more embarassing than looking like a credit deadbeat in front of strangers. so i got a 10k card that i cant use until who knows when occu finishes their investigation. hell, i cant even use the damn card as paper weight!

Message 14 of 28
MadDscientist

@samm90 wrote:

wells fargo rewards. first card. terrible APR, and basic 1% rewards. Not even that bad of a card, just nothing special.

+1 

√Wells Fargo college cashback [$800]
√Discover it [$3.5k]

√Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.
Message 15 of 28
MadDscientist

@gdale6 wrote:

A First Premier with 59.9% APR, I used it a few times, always PIF, kept it one year and said bye bye.

I've never seen an Apr that high before. That's Insane. What was the cl.
√Wells Fargo college cashback [$800]
√Discover it [$3.5k]

√Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.
Message 16 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Capital One former Orchard for me.  Today makes day 3 since I emailed the EO about the card and still no reply whatsoever.  I paid it down to a zero balance yesterday and removed it from my wallet.  Since they just screwed me out of the "membership" fee I guess I will let it ride for a year then I am closing the account.

Message 17 of 28
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Capital One, about 20 years ago.  Paid them off and swore never to business with them again.  We had lousy credit then, have 800s now, and would still never touch them...

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 18 of 28
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah basically, a no rewards high APR card. I've never had an AF card that wasn't worth it. (in fact the only af card I've had has been csp.)
Message 19 of 28
SALEEN961
Valued Member

I've been pretty lucky in that my worst card was my first card and it really isn't that bad, at the time I would have applied for pretty much anything to start building a revolving history and was lucky to get a good pre-approval offer before I applied for something awful. My PalPay Extras MC just doesn't have great rewards compared to my Discover, Chase, and Amex cards; and the APR is high, but that's all I can complain about.

PalPay Extras MC

23.99% APR

2.50% Cash Back Gas, Restaurants
1.66% Cash Back PayPal, eBay

Discover IT 38.5K | AMEX BCE 20K | AMEX BCE Preffered 25K | PayPal Extras MC 10K
Chase Freedom Visa Signature 25K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 24.1K | Chase Amazon 13.5K

EX FICO: 788 Amex
EQ FICO: 796 DCU
TU FICO: 817 Chase
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.