Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

they cut my credit amount

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

they cut my credit amount

i got a letter in the mail that stated sams club was cutting my credit limit from 500 tp 240???? i have never been late i have had the card for a year i have never gone over the limit

i think i am just mad they did that to me it took me almost 12 years to finally pay off all the crap my x huby left and get it i am sooo mad

do they have a right to do that

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: they cut my credit amount

Some times computers do review. Call them and ask them to see if they can restore the CL, I have seen cases where it worked before.
Message 2 of 4
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Here's the backdoor number from the stickied thread about backdoor numbers:

800-301-5546

Give them a call and ask them to restore your limit.  Worst they can do is say no.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sorry to hear this happened to you!

A lot of banks are pulling back extended credit, and we're left dangling. It often has nothing to do with how well you've handled your credit.

Do you still have other cards? If you have balances on them, that might be catching other banks' eyes when they soft your credit reports.

With this economy, it's a rough world, and getting rougher.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.