Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

they keep calling!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

they keep calling!!

my wells fargo card came in mail monday.  i used it tuesday to pay cable bill.  between wednesday and about ummm 5 minutes ago i answered close to 8 calls sales calls.  they always start with the same pitch " hey is **** there?  good news sir you have been successfully entered in our bla bla contest with a grand prize of 100k or a new mercedes!!...."  i always tell them to call me later because i cant give them any time to explain the promotion.  literally.  im not even joking.  everytime they call i was in the middle of my work day.  so i politely asked them to call me back and the only reason i ask them to call me back ...

what do you guys do?  just hang up?  does that have any effect on your credit limit/relationship with the cc company?  chances are its not even a cc rep but somebody who bought a sales list my number was on....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: they keep calling!!

I look at the caller id. If it is a telemarketer, I let my answering machine handle it.

Message 2 of 5
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

If my caller ID says "unavailable" on it,  so am  I.   Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got another one...spoke to a nice lady from montana...even told her off the bat..."lady whats up...ur the 15th person to call me in 48 hours with the same pitch, same lines, same scripted technique....cut the bull**bleep**...i was in sales...what are you selling??"  she liked my attitude and told me about how ive been validated in some 5k to 25k grand prize contest bla bla but started soliciting magazine subscriptions for 40 bucks off the price...i told her i cant read, i look online, dont fill my mailbox up with magazines but call me if i win the 5k....she said o yes absolutely!!  ....i thought by her reaction that i sold myself to the devil...

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

If my caller ID says "unavailable" on it,  so am  I.   Smiley Very Happy

+1. If it's important enough, they can leave a message.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.