Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is a first for me, getting pre-approvals

tag
shasta
Regular Contributor

this is a first for me, getting pre-approvals

Just got the Chase freedom at 500 cl. Not bad. This was a preapproval.

However, started getting the itch. I only have 2 inquiries, so I thought what the heck.

Got a pre approval for Discover it, approved. Don't know limit yet.

Tried BofA, since I am a long time customer. Got pre approval, however, denied for the cash rewards visa (???)

OK, back on the horse. Tried for an AMEX revolver, denied. No reason given yet. long time AmeX customer, just can't seem to get a revolver though.

Now, I'm feeling bad. I thought I had somewhat arrived. Decided to go for the Walmart card. Approved for 900 cl.

Last one, really wanted a Macy's card. Apped online, approved for 500 cl.

So, started the day with one card and a 750 cl and ended the day with 4 new cards and probably close to 5000 cl. Feeling real good about myself, as this is a first in my life. Had medical problems without insurance at around 22, which have followed me for 20 years. It's not how you start this credit journey, it's how you learn and progress.

Question, which one of these have auto cli, if any? Which ones do I request cli and when?

thanks so much for all of the wonderful advice on here. I have been able to help other people as well from the knowledge that I have gained here.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: this is a first for me, getting pre-approvals

Congrats your journey has evolved into good cards

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Congrats and you might wanna try recon on both BofA and Amex.

Message 3 of 5
shasta
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the BOA 99 deposit/500 limit cc, but i declined. I don't have any secured cards and I have a good credit history and decent score now, so i figured the hell with it.

i was awaiting the reason from AMEX before I call them. I currently have a Zync with them, had gold card before.

Message 4 of 5
f1StudentInUS

Which AMEX revolver did you try and how does your credit history look like?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.