cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time to apply for new card?? or increase current limit??

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: time to apply for new card?? or increase current limit??

@Radio-man wrote:

Just got notified my Gold Rewards AMX was approved...  good news indeed...

grats! Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approval! Besides Discover, I would add Freedom and then in 6 mos to a yr go for the CSP.
Message 12 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 20
Radio-man
Valued Member

Thanks, if PRG=Premier Rewards Gold, then that is the one I applied for..  I'm not real speedy with all these acronyms.  The reason I wanted this card is for the travel points.  Tired of my boss getting all the points from my company Amex.  I fly a lot on business..

Hard life lessons learned - Success only occures when preperation meets opportunity.. and, Credit is never granted, it must be earned...

amx prg npsl | amx bcp $15k | boa v $13k | boa m $10k | chase club v $23k | citi m $8.4k | usbnk v $9.5k | gardening till 4/2014
Message 14 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, PRG is the Rewards Gold with the better bonus structure over the Gold.
Message 15 of 20
Radio-man
Valued Member

Nice!!  thanks for the clearification...

Hard life lessons learned - Success only occures when preperation meets opportunity.. and, Credit is never granted, it must be earned...

amx prg npsl | amx bcp $15k | boa v $13k | boa m $10k | chase club v $23k | citi m $8.4k | usbnk v $9.5k | gardening till 4/2014
Message 16 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 20
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

Congrats... Good..

Message 18 of 20
Radio-man
Valued Member

Thanks SRAGS, With my AMX approval I believe I will go for an increase with my existing BOA cards, provided they will do it with only a soft pull.  This has two benefits.  First  it will keep me from damaging AAoA and two I wont get another hard inquiry.  Now that I have my AMX charge card, if BOA doesnt want to give an increase on my current account with a soft pull, then I will consider other options.  My mortgage is with US Bank maybe I could expand my relationship with them?

Message 19 of 20
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Welcome to myFICO and good luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.