cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to app or not to app......that is the question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

to app or not to app......that is the question?

When searching for cards is it better to app over a week or two, or to app for a card every six months or so when needed? I am trying to enter another bucket and apped twice so far this week (approved). I want one more, amex blue cash, to complete my gardening phase then I will watch them grow. These should grow me to the high 700's or low 8's. Does amex pull ex? 742, 5inq and 7%utl.... 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: to app or not to app......that is the question?

I'm also wondering about the answer to this question. It seems like most recommend to app every 6 months, but I went on an app spree and got 4 cards in 2 months. When I apped, I was thinking longer-term (like 5 years) and wanted all my cards to age together. So I wonder if short-term vs long-term goals matter - you're trying to get into another bucket, but is that just for a general desire to move up over time, or do you need to increase your score more in the short-term (like 1-2 years, say to buy a house or car). Maybe your current AAoA also matters in strategizing app sprees... if anyone else has insight into this, I know I'd love to hear it.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am more thinking of keeping these cards for the rest of my life and watching them grow large...maybe apping in two or three years for a house. I have good ficos was well as my wife so should never have a problem with a house. I mainly want it for desire, but whatever else happens from it is great as well 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, that sounds pretty similar to me. I went for prime cards right off that bat that I know will grow with me. I had a plan, but it also felt good to get those approvals so I got a couple more cards than anticipated. :smileyvery-happy:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.