Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too soon to get a CC after BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: too soon to get a CC after BK?

Thanks to everyone for the advice!!! I have 2 accounts that didn't get closed right/reported correctly after the bankruptcy, so I'll get those fixed on my credit report and then take the advice given here on who to try for my first post-BK credit card...
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: too soon to get a CC after BK?

hi michelle

I'm going through it now. I came through bk13 with mid 600 scores but many still won't loan money because of the recent bk.

Any of the bank cards that will consider us will have less then optimal terms. Cap 1 turned me down even though other recent bk have gotten cards. They will have fees. Premier? Outrageous. Orchard Bank approved an unsecured 300 card (59 fee) before I found 2 credit unions (NFCU and EDSCU) that gave me unsecured cards. 

A cheap way to get a couple of positive TLs going is to join a couple of credit unions, open a couple of secured cards and/or a secured installment loan. Borrow 300-500 and pay it off over 12 months, FICO likes more then one type of open TL.

You can use findacreditunion.com to find whats near you and call a couple. Ask them what CRA they report to so you can spread the good news around.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.