Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toy limit affect

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: toy limit affect

I think I do agree with what everyone is saying, it probably isn't a big deal to have some toy limits as long as you have some higher ones too

fico 747
Message 11 of 15
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:
What if I just buy a stick of gum on my 500 limit cards and let them report zero balance for 16 months will a cli be easy to obtain with SP

Smiley LOL It has almost come to the point where we do need bank-financing to buy a stick of gum !!

As for low-limit cards - I don't think it matters: There are lots of retail stores and oil companies that issue relatively low-limit cards, so they're probably just fine (as long as the accounts are maintained in good standing).

Message 12 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

I think I do agree with what everyone is saying, it probably isn't a big deal to have some toy limits as long as you have some higher ones too

I'd tend to agree with this. I have one toy limit left, and I kept the card open and put my DD on as an AU; currently, it's her "training wheels" card. When I apped for my Chase Ink, I called in to check on the app status and spoke with an analyst. He looked over my file and told me that my credit looked well established, and the upshot was that he approved me for the Ink with a 7.5K CL. The toy limit card with the 750 limit looks out of place with the other cards in my siggy, but the analyst didn't bat an eye over it. I really do believe that it's the overall profile that matters.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 15
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

I'd tend to agree with this. I have one toy limit left, and I kept the card open and put my DD on as an AU; currently, it's her "training wheels" card. When I apped for my Chase Ink, I called in to check on the app status and spoke with an analyst. He looked over my file and told me that my credit looked well established, and the upshot was that he approved me for the Ink with a 7K CL. The toy limit card with the 750 limit looks out of place with the other cards in my siggy, but the analyst didn't bat an eye over it. I really do believe that it's the overall profile that matters.

yeah, when I was applying for cards no one mentioned my anything about my freedom only having 500 now that I think about

and thats probably because I had a BCE at 7600

fico 747
Message 14 of 15
meesh6036
Contributor

It doesn't matter much in my experience.

My boyfriend went from 400 -> 600, 300 --> 1k -> 15k

Granted he hasn't gotten AMEX, or anything.

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.