Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring points to partners...help

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

transferring points to partners...help

hey guys, I have some MR points and UR points that I would like to transfer to BA as I can use avios to do some domestic flying, now I have never transfered points before and my question is, how long does it take for the points to show up in my BA account? say I transfer some MR or UR points tonight, are they instantly available as avios or does it take some time? I cannot find this anywhere online so thats why I am asking here, any help would be nice. thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nmac
Regular Contributor

Re: transferring points to partners...help

@slap_happy wrote:

hey guys, I have some MR points and UR points that I would like to transfer to BA as I can use avios to do some domestic flying, now I have never transfered points before and my question is, how long does it take for the points to show up in my BA account? say I transfer some MR or UR points tonight, are they instantly available as avios or does it take some time? I cannot find this anywhere online so thats why I am asking here, any help would be nice. thanks.

I my experience transfers to BA avios from UR or MR are instant. The only point of caution I would offer is to remember that transfers are one way only thus you should make sure there are reward flights available on the dates you want to travel. You can do this on the avios website under the book with points option. 

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 2 of 5
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@nmac wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

I my experience transfers to BA avios from UR or MR are instant. The only point of caution I would offer is to remember that transfers are one way only thus you should make sure there are reward flights available on the dates you want to travel. You can do this on the avios website under the book with points option. 

exactly! thats why Im asking, say I find a flight that works, it would be nice if the transfer is instant cause if it takes say even a few hours by that time that flight might no longer be available. 

Message 3 of 5
nmac
Regular Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@nmac wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

exactly! thats why Im asking, say I find a flight that works, it would be nice if the transfer is instant cause if it takes say even a few hours by that time that flight might no longer be available. 

The transfers to BA are instant. 

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 4 of 5
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@nmac wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

@nmac wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

The transfers to BA are instant. 

well thanks, thats the answer I was looking for. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.