Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion score dropped 20 pts after amex reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: transunion score dropped 20 pts after amex reporting

Yes- but only the 98 version, the 04 version muost lenders use does not calculate Charge cards in UTL .

Max09 wrote:

specultr wrote:
My scores are a little lower than yours. My FICOs change by 7-9 points when I let post a $200 balance on one of the cards that usually has a zero balance. At your nosebleed levels, I bet that it doesn't take much to drop the score as FICO wants to bring us to the median score.

lesson learned. transunion definitely take into account your charge cards when calculating your utilization. all my other revolving accounts reported zero balance (I paid before statement closing date) . the only balance i had reporting was the amex charge card. They must be using an older fico maybe?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

timothy, are you saying that  lenders see a different transunion score than the one we see when pull our fico scores?

Timothy wrote:
Yes- but only the 98 version, the 04 version muost lenders use does not calculate Charge cards in UTL .

Max09 wrote:

specultr wrote:
My scores are a little lower than yours. My FICOs change by 7-9 points when I let post a $200 balance on one of the cards that usually has a zero balance. At your nosebleed levels, I bet that it doesn't take much to drop the score as FICO wants to bring us to the median score.

lesson learned. transunion definitely take into account your charge cards when calculating your utilization. all my other revolving accounts reported zero balance (I paid before statement closing date) . the only balance i had reporting was the amex charge card. They must be using an older fico maybe?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

specultr wrote:
It's funny that you made this post because I applied for the AMEX green card last night to get my old date back of 1989 and re-age my FICO. I read in the archives before I did it that others took a temporary score hit, but not for the reason that you got.

here is a post i found by fused

My Amex Gold charge card reports on EQ and TU as an other open account and does not factor in my revolving util%. Whereas the imbeciles at EX are inaccurately reporting this same card as revolving thus tanking my score.

I don't get it - for me experian and equifax have it right but transunion doesn't

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep- many are using the newer version- myfico is in progress of updating - no eta.

Max09 wrote:
timothy, are you saying that  lenders see a different transunion score than the one we see when pull our fico scores?

Timothy wrote:

Max09 wrote:

specultr wrote:

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw that Transunion has my amex charge card listed as a credit card/open account/no limit reported.
Shouldn't be coded as other?
how can I get them to change it?

Timothy wrote:
yep- many are using the newer version- myfico is in progress of updating - no eta.

Max09 wrote:

Timothy wrote:

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.