Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travel CC advise please before apping

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

travel CC advise please before apping

OK so looking for a travel card "partner" with American (since they are the "new" airline of choice at work)    Either the British Airways card or the Alaskan Airways card.....which one is better at using their points system for AA flights domestically?  Live on the East coast.  Applying to either should not be a problem, so it is down to which is easier to deal with awards wise.....If this belongs in another forum, please feel free to move to the right one!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: travel CC advise please before apping

@odd_dog wrote:

OK so looking for a travel card "partner" with American (since they are the "new" airline of choice at work)    Either the British Airways card or the Alaskan Airways card.....which one is better at using their points system for AA flights domestically?  Live on the East coast.  Applying to either should not be a problem, so it is down to which is easier to deal with awards wise.....If this belongs in another forum, please feel free to move to the right one!  Thanks!

Curious why you don't you go for us airways Barclay's card since they will merge soon ,so they will become same points ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Curious why you don't you go for us airways Barclay's card since they will merge soon ,so they will become same points ?

Hi Mongstradamus....Thanks I do have that card....I REALLY need to fix my signature....sorry for the confusion!!

edited for bad spelling.

Message 3 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Hi Mongstradamus....Thanks I do have that card....I REALLY need to fix my signature....sorry for the confusion!!

edited for bad spelling.

Ah I see why don't you get one of the all purpose travel cards like csp, spg based or Mr based cards. You can use to transfer to one of the one world partners that can be used to fly on aa

Message 4 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

edited for bad spelling.

Ah I see why don't you get one of the all purpose travel cards like csp, spg based or Mr based cards. You can use to transfer to one of the one world partners that can be used to fly on aa

Yes true I have all those and could transfer points, MR and SPG will do that, not sure UR's work with anything AA BUT will check....was going to app for the bonus from either card to "jump start" the miles...but you are right I don't need either card as I do already have the "transferable" ones you mentioned.....and already have FF accounts with BA and Alaskan....

Message 5 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

edited for bad spelling.

Yes true I have all those and could transfer points, MR and SPG will do that, not sure UR's work with anything AA BUT will check....was going to app for the bonus from either card to "jump start" the miles...but you are right I don't need either card as I do already have the "transferable" ones you mentioned.....and already have FF accounts with BA and Alaskan....

Ur goes  to ba. So You can technically do both Mr and ur to British airways avoid I believe. I am not too familiar with Alaska Airlines partners I know Emirates is one I don't remember who else is 

Message 6 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

edited for bad spelling.

Ur goes  to ba. So You can technically do both Mr and ur to British airways avoid I believe. I am not too familiar with Alaska Airlines partners I know Emirates is one I don't remember who else is 

UR does too?!!!  Sweet.....so I can put those towards BA, that would make that CC worth getting!  Thanks Mong that is great news if BA is easy to get AA flights from!

Message 7 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

edited for bad spelling.

UR does too?!!!  Sweet.....so I can put those towards BA, that would make that CC worth getting!  Thanks Mong that is great news if BA is easy to get AA flights from!

For short domestic flights Ba is really good. Also like  cheap flights to Caribbean with points from Jfk. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.