Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travel reward cards

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

Re: travel reward cards

Next year, I might need to travel a lot but I'm not sure which carrier I will have to travel with that's why I'm checking what are the possibilities.

So I get only 1 point per dollar on SPG for non SPG hotel/resort purchases?

Message 21 of 30
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@GTT wrote:

Next year, I might need to travel a lot but I'm not sure which carrier I will have to travel with that's why I'm checking what are the possibilities.

So I get only 1 point per dollar on SPG for non SPG hotel/resort purchases?

That is right. And then a bonus of 5k every 20k points transferred.

So:

20k = 25k

40k = 50k

Message 22 of 30
GTT
Regular Contributor

Thanks very much! I stay a lot at Marriot for now and don't know about next year.

4points per dollar looks great, but it seems it doesn't really work for me.

Message 23 of 30
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@GTT wrote:

Thanks very much! I stay a lot at Marriot for now and don't know about next year.

4points per dollar looks great, but it seems it doesn't really work for me.

Well, throwing in Marriott there, may make CSP the best option. You can use it for UA and Marriott stays.

Good luck!

Message 24 of 30
GTT
Regular Contributor

Yes. Not to mention I already have freedom and chase checking.

I'm comparing between CSP and Chase United Mileage Explorer and SW card. There is no way that I should choose UM rather than CSP?

the benefit is almost the same (exception for sign up bonus) and CSP is much more flexible.

Message 25 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@GTT wrote:

Yes. Not to mention I already have freedom and chase checking.

I'm comparing between CSP and Chase United Mileage Explorer and SW card. There is no way that I should choose UM rather than CSP?

the benefit is almost the same (exception for sign up bonus) and CSP is much more flexible.

It really depends on your spend/travel. I have the CSP, UMEP, PRG, Amex Delta. I use them all for travel, dining and hotels. 

Message 26 of 30
GTT
Regular Contributor

Would you please let me know in which circumstances UMEP is better than CSP?

Message 27 of 30
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@GTT wrote:

If you spend a lot on United travel. You have mentioned the importance of variety spending, and with the UA card, you only get bonus points from purchasing through United.

The CSP gets bonus points on travel and dining.

In general they really cancel each other out (unless you use the free baggage), because 2x points on travel with the CSP will grant you the same amount of points as using the UA card to purchase UA flights.

Message 28 of 30
GTT
Regular Contributor

That's what I'm thinking of. 

Thanks guys~~~ you helped me a lot.

Message 29 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jenn_bar wrote:

@GTT wrote:

If you spend a lot on United travel. You have mentioned the importance of variety spending, and with the UA card, you only get bonus points from purchasing through United.

The CSP gets bonus points on travel and dining.

In general they really cancel each other out (unless you use the free baggage), because 2x points on travel with the CSP will grant you the same amount of points as using the UA card to purchase UA flights.

Exactly, the 2x with UMEP and free baggage pays for itself.  Miles are also transferrable. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.