Reply
Regular Contributor
GTT
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards

Next year, I might need to travel a lot but I'm not sure which carrier I will have to travel with that's why I'm checking what are the possibilities.

 

So I get only 1 point per dollar on SPG for non SPG hotel/resort purchases?

 

 

Frequent Contributor
jenn_bar
Posts: 315
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
0

Re: travel reward cards


GTT wrote:

Next year, I might need to travel a lot but I'm not sure which carrier I will have to travel with that's why I'm checking what are the possibilities.

 

So I get only 1 point per dollar on SPG for non SPG hotel/resort purchases?

 

 


That is right. And then a bonus of 5k every 20k points transferred.


So:

20k = 25k

40k = 50k

Regular Contributor
GTT
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards

Thanks very much! I stay a lot at Marriot for now and don't know about next year.

4points per dollar looks great, but it seems it doesn't really work for me.

Frequent Contributor
jenn_bar
Posts: 315
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
0

Re: travel reward cards


GTT wrote:

Thanks very much! I stay a lot at Marriot for now and don't know about next year.

4points per dollar looks great, but it seems it doesn't really work for me.


Well, throwing in Marriott there, may make CSP the best option. You can use it for UA and Marriott stays.

 

Good luck!

Regular Contributor
GTT
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards

Yes. Not to mention I already have freedom and chase checking.

 

I'm comparing between CSP and Chase United Mileage Explorer and SW card. There is no way that I should choose UM rather than CSP?

the benefit is almost the same (exception for sign up bonus) and CSP is much more flexible.

Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,273
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards


GTT wrote:

Yes. Not to mention I already have freedom and chase checking.

 

I'm comparing between CSP and Chase United Mileage Explorer and SW card. There is no way that I should choose UM rather than CSP?

the benefit is almost the same (exception for sign up bonus) and CSP is much more flexible.


It really depends on your spend/travel. I have the CSP, UMEP, PRG, Amex Delta. I use them all for travel, dining and hotels. 

Regular Contributor
GTT
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards

Would you please let me know in which circumstances UMEP is better than CSP?

 

Frequent Contributor
jenn_bar
Posts: 315
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
0

Re: travel reward cards

[ Edited ]

GTT wrote:

Would you please let me know in which circumstances UMEP is better than CSP?

 


If you spend a lot on United travel. You have mentioned the importance of variety spending, and with the UA card, you only get bonus points from purchasing through United.

 

The CSP gets bonus points on travel and dining.

 

In general they really cancel each other out (unless you use the free baggage), because 2x points on travel with the CSP will grant you the same amount of points as using the UA card to purchase UA flights.

Regular Contributor
GTT
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards

That's what I'm thinking of. 

Thanks guys~~~ you helped me a lot.

 

Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,273
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: travel reward cards


jenn_bar wrote:

GTT wrote:

Would you please let me know in which circumstances UMEP is better than CSP?

 


If you spend a lot on United travel. You have mentioned the importance of variety spending, and with the UA card, you only get bonus points from purchasing through United.

 

The CSP gets bonus points on travel and dining.

 

In general they really cancel each other out (unless you use the free baggage), because 2x points on travel with the CSP will grant you the same amount of points as using the UA card to purchase UA flights.


Exactly, the 2x with UMEP and free baggage pays for itself.  Miles are also transferrable. 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}