cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

true earnings amex from costco-help for my mom.

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

true earnings amex from costco-help for my mom.

so as for you guys know that i just got an amex zync. apperantly just passing the bar with the hard limit. (waiting on the letter with the score but earlier that day it was around 690) but i believe they pulled all three reports. well i know they pulled tu. 

well (my mother and i) got a costco membership today and she applied to get the amex card. 

and to put me as an au. 

the only problem is we explained this to the guy there and i think he put in as a co application. 

it says needs further review. well thanks to this forum i had my mother call the recon number and said it was denied because of a hard limit on the zync. 

she doesn't have any amex. (its mine) hence why i think he did the app WRONG. 

any advice? 

after about 30 minutes the rep said that they would review the app and notify her in 5 to 10 days. 

but we dont know if thats with me as a co applicant or not. 

between the two of us our income is around 115k. 

but like i said i only wanted to be an au and not an account holder. 

edit: checked the amex site and put in our socials.

it shows my zync as approved which i knew and not the costco one(doesnt show at all for me) 

but with her ssn it shows the costco app as pending

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: true earnings amex from costco-help for my mom.

Amex does not do joint accounts, so yes they could have put you as AU on it but it would have been her social for approval.

Message 2 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@OlegWasHere wrote:

so as for you guys know that i just got an amex zync. apperantly just passing the bar with the hard limit. (waiting on the letter with the score but earlier that day it was around 690) but i believe they pulled all three reports. well i know they pulled tu. 

well (my mother and i) got a costco membership today and she applied to get the amex card. 

and to put me as an au. 

the only problem is we explained this to the guy there and i think he put in as a co application. 

it says needs further review. well thanks to this forum i had my mother call the recon number and said it was denied because of a hard limit on the zync. 

she doesn't have any amex. (its mine) hence why i think he did the app WRONG. 

any advice? 

after about 30 minutes the rep said that they would review the app and notify her in 5 to 10 days. 

but we dont know if thats with me as a co applicant or not. 

between the two of us our income is around 115k. 

but like i said i only wanted to be an au and not an account holder. 

edit: checked the amex site and put in our socials.

it shows my zync as approved which i knew and not the costco one(doesnt show at all for me) 

but with her ssn it shows the costco app as pending

It definitely sounds like the guy didn't understand what an AU is. Actually you should have just been an additional cardholder after she was approved.

At this point, I don't think there's anything you can do but wait. You've already called. If your mother is denied, she can apply again in the future, with just her on the app. She has to wait 60 days before she can apply again.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 4
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Amex does not do joint accounts, so yes they could have put you as AU on it but it would have been her social for approval.

+1 Amex definitey does not do joint accounts!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.