Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ugh!! I USED to love CAP1!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh!! I USED to love CAP1!

Dang it!  I thought I might have been able to swing under-the-radar and get away scot-free without an increase in my APR.  Much to my horror, I got the letter last night.  It's going from 9.9 to 17.99!!!!!!  Never a day late in its life, never overlimit-- I've been the ideal customer. 

Guess who's getting paid off and not used for a long time???  Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Re: ugh!! I USED to love CAP1!

I got the same letter yesterday.  Never late or over the limit on my CapOne either.  When my cards are paid down, I'm just going to SD all of them and only buy gum or a candy bar with them every 3 months.   

08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 2 of 6
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I received the same letter last week. I am going from 8.39 to 17.99. I call and was told that 17.99 is still a low APR. Had this account since 07 and have never been late or over the limit. What a nice reward!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what?  From what I'm reading from another PP post

(Capital One RATE JUMPED me and doubled my APR, Just got off the phone with them [ 1 2 3 4 ] 

--

to be specific)

Why in the world is it that NEW CUSTOMERS (no offense, anyone) are getting a promo rate until 2011???!?  This makes me angry.  I have been a loyal, good-standing customer (even giving them the occasional finance charge to make them happy)for years. 

That's it.  I've had it.  I will be calling the backdoor for all of us and requesting this "magical" promo rate as well.  Wish me luck, pp- I have a feeling I'll be needing it. 

Message 4 of 6
jdsays
Contributor

I feel bad for all of you, and Im worried it will happen to me too.  I just opened a new Capital One card, and got 0% APR til December of this year, then its going up to 8.9%....and Im afraid I too will get a letter shortly after that, notifying of an increase.......(although Im really hoping I dont...)

At least I have until December to take advantage of the 0%

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a new Capital One credit card last month.  They gave me a $25,000 credit line.  I too opened the mail this week and they doubled my rate as of 2010.  The current rate is now promotional.

I am never going to carry a balance so they wont make any interest money on me.  For all I care they can close the account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.