cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uhh...starting to lose confidence in AMEX.

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

uhh...starting to lose confidence in AMEX.

Was trying to see where I currently stand with AMEX so yesterday I was going to app for the Green card and see what the denial letter said. Last time it just specified my FICO as being too low in October. Well, the damn site sucks and just kept freezing up and wouldn't let me use the "short" app or just enter my CID # to app. I used the chat feature and asked a CSR what the deal was and they just provided links to apply using the long method. I wanted to be sure that the system would recognize me as a current cardmember so I wouldn't get an HP if I was to be denied. "Kerry" confirmed that the system would recognize me. So I app'd and it actually went through stating the 7-10 day message. Well, I get an email later saying it was processing, and then I get an email today that said they reached a decision. So i checked and it was cancelled. I decided to call in and the lady said it was cancelled due to so many app's submitted and the one before it was declined and that I would be receiving the letter in 7-10 days. I quickly told her that the system kept freezing up and that I already explained it to "Kerry" in the chat session who supplied me with a direct link. She said i'm sorry you experienced problems and that letter will be in 7-10 days explaining the cause for the denial and that every app after that was cancelled. I didn't care too much about that, but i asked her that it was a SP right and she said no it looks like the system HP'd me. I haven't seen the alert on any of my CMS's I use so maybe she was just confused on that, but either way I'm starting to lose a bit of confidence in them. I decided to go ahead and cancel my Zync packs and explained to the lady I never once received a Lowe's gift card for using my Home pack so they are getting some to me in the mail. 

I'm not upset or anything about getting the denial b/c I had already expected that. It's just I expect a better app process, knowledgeable CSR's, and I guess just too much from AMEX. I've actually deciced to sorta put AMEX on the back-burner for now. I have a great new card from NFCU, and will just SD some of the cards I currently have and calm down on everything in general. I will be more patient with this process and if AMEX wants me then great but I'm not going to just be like i use to be anymore and think they are the best of the best and I need/gotta have them. I have their Zync card with $500 limit and have been using the hell out of it, but i think I will just use it to pay for the creditsecure each month and basically that. Guess I'll see if they are more willing to priviledge me a better card in 6mths but until then I'm not caring about AMEX.

sorry for the mini-rant,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: uhh...starting to lose confidence in AMEX.

Ive apped for the SPG about 4 times and every time i did it, i wasnt loged in and have never been HP. Last HP from Amex was in 07/12 when i was approved for the Green.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 4
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I used the long app for that very same issues

They have too many bugs....seriously

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 3 of 4
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Was trying to see where I currently stand with AMEX so yesterday I was going to app for the Green card and see what the denial letter said. Last time it just specified my FICO as being too low in October. Well, the damn site sucks and just kept freezing up and wouldn't let me use the "short" app or just enter my CID # to app. I used the chat feature and asked a CSR what the deal was and they just provided links to apply using the long method. I wanted to be sure that the system would recognize me as a current cardmember so I wouldn't get an HP if I was to be denied. "Kerry" confirmed that the system would recognize me. So I app'd and it actually went through stating the 7-10 day message. Well, I get an email later saying it was processing, and then I get an email today that said they reached a decision. So i checked and it was cancelled. I decided to call in and the lady said it was cancelled due to so many app's submitted and the one before it was declined and that I would be receiving the letter in 7-10 days. I quickly told her that the system kept freezing up and that I already explained it to "Kerry" in the chat session who supplied me with a direct link. She said i'm sorry you experienced problems and that letter will be in 7-10 days explaining the cause for the denial and that every app after that was cancelled. I didn't care too much about that, but i asked her that it was a SP right and she said no it looks like the system HP'd me. I haven't seen the alert on any of my CMS's I use so maybe she was just confused on that, but either way I'm starting to lose a bit of confidence in them. I decided to go ahead and cancel my Zync packs and explained to the lady I never once received a Lowe's gift card for using my Home pack so they are getting some to me in the mail. 

I'm not upset or anything about getting the denial b/c I had already expected that. It's just I expect a better app process, knowledgeable CSR's, and I guess just too much from AMEX. I've actually deciced to sorta put AMEX on the back-burner for now. I have a great new card from NFCU, and will just SD some of the cards I currently have and calm down on everything in general. I will be more patient with this process and if AMEX wants me then great but I'm not going to just be like i use to be anymore and think they are the best of the best and I need/gotta have them. I have their Zync card with $500 limit and have been using the hell out of it, but i think I will just use it to pay for the creditsecure each month and basically that. Guess I'll see if they are more willing to priviledge me a better card in 6mths but until then I'm not caring about AMEX.

sorry for the mini-rant,

John

Seems to me that people with the hard limit zync card has been turned down by Amex for their other card. Also, not to mention that if they app for something they may get HP for denial.

However, based on reading these forum, people who have hard limit zync can cancel their card and reapply for the Green and get instantly approved.

Again, as in credit, YMMV.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.