Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorized charges - dispute help

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: unauthorized charges - dispute help

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why not just say call the CC company and say it was unauthorized?  I hate how companies make it sooo easy to signup for something, but to cancel something you gotta call and jump through all types of hoops and sometimes like your occurance they actually don't cancel it or charge you again...  Just bad business.

Isn't calling to cancel something standard? lol 

If you call, make sure you get the name of the person you talked to, date, and approx. time you spoke to the person (ie- 12:30 pm). Sometimes you can get a ref. number too. See if they'll also send you something in writing (email/snail mail) to confirm the cancellation. Where I work, we don't send out snail mail but I always email back a cancellation confirmation. Having this information will help your case. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 11 of 13
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why not just say call the CC company and say it was unauthorized?  I hate how companies make it sooo easy to signup for something, but to cancel something you gotta call and jump through all types of hoops and sometimes like your occurance they actually don't cancel it or charge you again...  Just bad business.

Isn't calling to cancel something standard? lol 

If you call, make sure you get the name of the person you talked to, date, and approx. time you spoke to the person (ie- 12:30 pm). Sometimes you can get a ref. number too. See if they'll also send you something in writing (email/snail mail) to confirm the cancellation. Where I work, we don't send out snail mail but I always email back a cancellation confirmation. Having this information will help your case. 

I can understand what credit curiosity is saying. You don't have to call to sign up for these services, but you do to have to call to cancel them, listen to an automatic voice then, finally, after 10 minutes, speaking to a customer service rep and of course, he/she will will often try to make you keep the service. It's a bit more "complicated" to cancel a service than to sign up for it. To be fair, it's not always like that, you can cancel services online at times.

Message 12 of 13
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

dispute, but be aware the cc will initially refund it but know they will contact the merchant if the merchant can prove their side the cc will reinstate the charges , its also possible they will take your side and block future charges from the merchant 

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.