Did you mean: 

tag
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trird to bluff CAP ONE for a CLI and they agreed to close the acct Help!!!

kymmie60115 wrote:
I called Cap One to ask for a CLI and they told me that they review thier accounts periodically and don't grant CLI's at the customer request, blah, blah, blah. So From reading some other posts I decided to say that I wanted to close the account the gentleman read the account closing disclosure and said the account would be closed in 30 days.  I tried to start asking questions so that he could offer something and I could say, oh yeah that's sounds great leave it open.  That didn't happen.  I didn't actually want the account closed I just wanted an increase. My CL is only $750 they are the only card I have with that low limit. Can I call them back and ask them not to close it or is it too late.  Does anyone know what my next step should be? That's what I get for Trying to call thier bluff.

They are the ones who called your bluff!  Only bluff this way if you are ready to actually close it, because it does not always work.  It works better with Orchard than it does with Cap1.

There should be no problem reopening it if that's what you want to do.  Just make sure you do it soon.

Message 2 of 10
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: Tried to bluff CAP ONE for a CLI and they agreed to close the acct Help!!!

Never ever, threaten to close the card unless you really want to close the card Smiley Sad that disclaimer is usually made in the posts where Bluffing is brought up.  Give 'em a call and say that you'd like to give it one more try and keep them open after all, hopefully they'll be able to stop the process

Good Luck

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 10
dizzier
Established Contributor

I'm sorry this happen to you, but you have to remember that with the CCC you should not make threats you are not willing to go through with especially in the current credit climate. If you don't value your business they will be happy to close your account.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 10
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 5 of 10
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Go get a Big Mac.....QUICK!!!!  lol.  I'm sure you can call the backdoor number and get all that reversed in a jiffy.

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with that. Let us know how it turns out!
Message 7 of 10
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

kymmie60115 wrote:
I called Cap One to ask for a CLI and they told me that they review thier accounts periodically and don't grant CLI's at the customer request, blah, blah, blah. So From reading some other posts I decided to say that I wanted to close the account the gentleman read the account closing disclosure and said the account would be closed in 30 days.  I tried to start asking questions so that he could offer something and I could say, oh yeah that's sounds great leave it open.  That didn't happen.  I didn't actually want the account closed I just wanted an increase. My CL is only $750 they are the only card I have with that low limit. Can I call them back and ask them not to close it or is it too late.  Does anyone know what my next step should be? That's what I get for Trying to call thier bluff.

Message Edited by kymmie60115 on 03-31-2008 07:01 AM

Use the card within 30 days, and they will not close it.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes Cap1 will re-open accounts if you use them after you have closed them.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I'd let the thing close, but then again I really don't like Crap1.

Van

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.